z

Young Writers Society

A Birthday Letter

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:42 am
slytherinseeker says...

A while ago my I wrote my Dad a birthday letter intead of a card. Please let me know if you liked the idea.

$2.95 is a hell of a lot of money for a little card saying happy birthday! I mean come on…
So I thought to myself what could I get you instead, I could make my own card, but then it’ll look like a remake of a dull hallmark card from the Freeling op-shop. Then it hit me, a present! Why not. So I scrounged around until I found something you might like and boy was I pleased with myself. So I thought about who’s birthday is coming up next and I couldn’t think of anyone except me. Then I thought, ‘hang on a second’, you’ll be getting be tons of presents for my birthday AND a $2.95 card so that’s when I decided to write you a letter as well. So here I go!

To my favorite Dad,
You’re the most wonderful thing that’s ever happened to my life.
I love you more than anything in the whole wide world. I think you’re better than Mum!
You are amazing at what you do and how you support the family just beats me.
I agree with what Nicole Kidman said, You’re the best looking man I know.
I hope you have a wonderful Birthday and just hope your day is as good as you make all of mine.
From your adoring son,
Slytherinseeker

So I finished that and thought, ‘What am I doing’, the first thing you’ll say to me is, ‘How much do you want and what do you want it for’. Which kinda was my plan but I said to myself this is your special day, not mine. So once again I had to rethink.

To Dad
How’s it hanging bro
Just thought you should chill for the rest of the day and hang low.
Maybe catch some vid on the box.
Word, man that what be a sick attitude dude.
So anyway have a phat birthday from your no.1 fan.
Slytherinseeker

Then I began to think, if you were my brother you’d have to be a little better looking and you’d need an incredible physique and the wit and charms of myself. So once again I began to rethink. That $2.95 card was starting to look good. Hey I got one!

To Dad,
I hope you have a happy Easter,
I’m sure you’ll enjoy the celebration and won’t forget this day for the rest of the week.
Good luck with the treasure hunt
All the best,
Slytherinseeker

Yes ! I’ve done it.
………………..Oh no, Damn! I was so close then, this aint getting any easier, let me think, there has to be some good letter I could Write. Nope it’s just not coming to my head, you know when there’s that one word that you just can’t get your tongue around, not that I’m trying to lick it I just can’t get it down on paper. This is really starting to get to me. HMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmAh yes! No, no that wont work hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmWhat about! Nah hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm There’s always! Nope. HMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Maybe Yes! Yes! how about this

To Dad/Gazzareeka,
Happy Birthday. I hope you have a great day and everyone that comes to tea, except me, gives you lots of presents.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy your time at the restaurant, I recommend the veal schnitzel.
Your turning 52 wow! That’s quite an effort, just remember you’re only middle aged.
I hope this year brings you good luck with the lottery, and you have enjoyable times.
So to show my acknowledgement a song will be produced
(I promise Mum will not sing this)

Happy Birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Dad
Happy Birthday to you
Hip Hip hooray Hip Hip Hooray

From,
Slytherinseeker
P.S I promise I wont give you punches for however many birthdays you’ve had, don’t wont you getting a dead arm.
P.P.PS
Happy Birrthday!

Oh no, so close I spelt ‘Birthday’ wrong, well that’s it, rather safe than sorry hey?

To Dad.
Happy Birthday.
From Slytherinseeker

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:07 am
Emma says...

Hee hee,

That rawks!! He'll love that!

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:13 am
deleted6 says...

lol funny as hell real life as well lol
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:21 am
Ryan says...

Good job Slytherinseeker!
Is there anyway I can give my Dad that?

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:23 am
Rincewind says...

Your dad calls you Slytherin seeker?
Why does it say you are 26?

Those are funny letters.
~The bandit’s body slumped to the ground, knees hitting first,followed by the rest.His dead weight pushed dust into the air in a swirling cloud.The blood flowed from his head,splicing like river canals,delaying slightly on pebbles before flowing on through the street.~

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:25 am
Elizabeth says...

LOL hilariously amazingly realistic!! He'll love it.

The reply to his letter

Dear Son,
I wanted a friggin card!!! GIVDE ME A FRIGGIN' CARD!!!
love, dad

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou