z

Young Writers Society

Urban Decay: The Demon War ((Work in Progress))

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:05 am
Hypnotic_Nights says...

The Demon War was raging non-stop in a forest just outside Titan City, a large underground storage facility occupied a clearing in the middle of the woods. The demons had saw an opportunity to invade earth and took it, catching everyone off-guard they easily took over city after city. After what seemed like hours of non-stop fighting it was suddenly quiet around the storage facility. One man took this opportunity to step outside for a well needed cigarette, his white tank top and green cammo pants stained with blood from both humans and demons. This area had become a hotspot due to the increasing number of people comming to the storage facility to take shelter from the slaughter in the cities. The man slowly slipped off his black ski mask, which was was standard with his uniform, and stuffed it into his waist band. His eyes slowly trailed along the tree-line for any signs of movement. It was pitch black so his eyes had to move along with the spot lights patrolling the forest edge ontop of two watch towers on each side of a large, heavy metal door, the only way into the facility. Seeing nothing he reached into his pocket and pulled out a smashed up pack of cigarettes, pulling a slightly bent cigarette out and putting between his lips. "Oh the sacrifices I have to make out here.." he said jokingly as he pulled out a lighter and lit the end of the cigarette, the orange glow lighting up his face each time he inhaled.

((to be updated))
Last edited by Hypnotic_Nights on Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
available

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:08 am
J. Haux says...

Okay, I guess I'll wait for the update.
SPEW to You

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:14 am
sabradan says...

Well, the idea behind the story is good, but it needs some work.
The Demon War was raging non-stop in a forest just outside Titan City, a large underground storage facility occupied a clearing in the middle of the woods

Never do this in writing. It is a very bad thing to do. For multiple reasons: 1. it is a run on. 2. While it attempts to introduce things to your reader, it really doesn't. In fact it does the opposite, it makes them even more confused. What demon war? Whats Titan city? Which woods? etc. These are some of the questions that ran through my head while I read this. Also, it seems very, simplistic. It doesnt read like a story but it sounds like a poorly done news report. It just doesn't seem....right. I don't know, maybe thats just me, but it feels like there should be some description here.

The demons had saw an opportunity to invade earth and took it, catching everyone off-guard they easily took over city after city

First problem: run on, please, please, please, punctuation is your freind. Learn to use them well. Second: "the demons had SEEN." not "had saw", had SEEN.
Thirdly, this seems like it would be a very key point in the story, it seems like there should be more detail here. Describe the thinking and/or planning that went into it, perhaps?

After what seemed like hours of non-stop fighting it was suddenly quiet around the storage facility
Please, show us, don't tell us.

The rest of the story follows the same basic principles as all the other examples above, so I don't see the need to point out every flaw. Please remember, show, don't tell, and grammar is your freind.

I do however really like the idea of the story, please, flesh it out more with more description, because I really think it has lots of potential.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:03 am
Empress Kat says...

I'm so confused... but that's who I am. And I have no background for this silly story... well. have fun writing it, I'll have fun readin' it. Hopeing for lots of blood and guts.
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.
— Unknown