Stupid writer's block.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:44 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

This is the result of bored writing.

With this pen I can craft.
I can construct a marvelous mountain with a snow caped peak that reaches to the sky. I can create a sparkling beach. One with white sand connecting to a crystal clear ocean. I can even piece together a made up world! One of my liking. Where music is played from speakers floating in the air. Where the land is pink, purple, and blue! Where the sky is green with orange clouds. A world where the water tastes like bubblegum and food is always delicious!
But darn it! If only this stupid writers block would go away!

If you liked it click the like button please. :) I had gotten stuck while re-writing a chapter of my novel and came up with this in the middle of class.
Last edited by LadyPurple on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:51 pm
View Likes
Tigersprite says...

ladypurple wrote:This is the result of bored writing.

I can construct a marvelous mountain that reaches to the sky with snow capping the peak. I can create a sparkling beach. One with white sand connecting to a crystal clear ocean. I can even piece together a made up world! One of my liking. Where music is always played from speakers floating in the air. Where the land if pink, purple, and, blue! Where the sky is green with orange clouds. A world where the water tastes like bubblegum and food is always good!
But darn it! If only this stupid writers block would go away!

If you liked it click the like button please. :) I had gotten stuck while re writing a chapter of my novel and came up with this in the middle of class.

If you have writer's block, try listening to music (lyricless songs usually work for me) or going on a walk.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

206 Reviews

Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:53 pm
LadyPurple says...

TIGERSPRITE wrote:If you have writer's block, try listening to music (lyricless songs usually work for me) or going on a walk.

I don't have it right now it was just a three minute thing.

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:14 pm
GeeLyria says...

I love this Lady!!! *Sol clicks "like"*
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:16 pm
Wolfie2 says...

Very nice :D I have those issues sometimes too, but my writer's block writing isn't usually as good... *likes*
You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It's better to let them have their way, then trick them when they aren't looking- Brom

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:19 am
GirlInTheMirror says...

I can construct a marvelous mountain that reaches to the sky with snow capping the peak. This sentence seems to be a bit too long. Also, the "with snow capping the peak" is technically referring to the sky since that is the most recent noun that you referenced. If you shifted around the order of words or got rid of the last part completely it would make a lot more sense. I can create a sparkling beach. One with white sand connecting to a crystal clear ocean. I can even piece together a made up world! One of my liking. Where music is always played from speakers floating in the air. delete the word "always", it just adds fluff Where the land is pink, purple, and, blue! Where the sky is green with orange clouds. A world where the water tastes like bubblegum and food is always good! Try to find a more descriptive word than "good". Maybe like delicious or sweet or something like that.
But darn it! If only this stupid writers block would go away! So funny :D

Over all I liked it a lot. The imagry that you create is really nice and the concept of being able to create anything with just a pen and paper is interesting. Its one of those topics that is so obvious but no one really stops to think about it. I'm glad you did, it made for a nice read! If you have any questions or just wanna talk please PM me!

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:14 pm
Nike says...

loved it! *Nike clicks like* AWESOME!
Nike :)
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:15 pm
Nike says...

loved it! *Nike clicks like* AWESOME!
Nike :)
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:32 pm
wonderland says...

Yay imagery!
That was really cool.
For writers block, I always listen to some of my favorite bands, usually their music helps me.
Good luck
~WickedWonder
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:13 pm
View Likes
Gheala says...

Are you kidding me?! I'm having the same problem.
To me, writer's block is making feel as if I'm sitting on a pile of coal and I'm simply letting it burn my skin, while my hand is clutching to the pen aimlessly and uselessly. Ugh! Doesn't it feel like your heart is promising to jump to your throat an out of your body, if you don't write something meaningful soon? Like a beast vomiting within my guts... and well, I have to say that it makes me very sick.
I'm back to my YWS after months of disappearance, hoping that I'd gain the immunity of books and quills against the harmful realism of our world.

In case this made no sense, I'm just saying that I'm happy I'm back!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:13 pm
Shia225 says...

Blerg, I hate writers' block, too. But that certainly made my soul laugh. You should make that into a poem, it would get a little more attention. This is the best one I've read today, nine-and-a-half out of ten. *Shia desperately searches for the like button, but never finds it* Just imagine there's one more.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:34 am
TheWrittenChef says...

Dear LadyP,
I OMG know how you feel. My first work I submitted was about me and my darn writer's block.
So the devotion to it is understood.
It will pass my friend as it always does.
The road to dealing with it I'm afraid, sucks unbarably. :(
But have no fear, your friends are here!

-The Written Chef
"Cooking up intellectual recipes all the time...savory and memorable...oh, what was that? I've tasted it before! Ah, yes...Genious!"

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:13 pm
Jenthura says...

I hope you don't mind me saying so, but your current stuck state inspired me! Ink, a ball point pen and some imagination; yours, of course. :D

EDIT: drat, it cuts in half. try this link Link
-ж-Ж-ж-

206 Reviews

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:34 pm
LadyPurple says...

......Wow.........
Last edited by LadyPurple on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

~Rosey Unicorn

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:52 am
View Likes
SirTobes says...

Funny!
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.
— Elias Root Beadle