z

Young Writers Society

Thoughts of a Compulsive Liar

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:21 am
View Likes
MUCHO says...

I liked this, but it's kind of useless and all----I knew exactly where it was going after a paragraph. Maybe a poem would be better; at least it was short.

A story written by a liar? What's the fun in that?
"This is our decision,
to live fast and die young...
Yeah it's overwhelming,
but what else can we do?
Get jobs in offices and
wake up for the morning commute?

The models will have children,
we'll get a divorce,
find some more models;
everything must run its course!

Fated to Pretend

Reviews: 2
Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:51 am
View Likes
SykeLiam says...

A fun idea for a story, but I can't help feeling it needs fleshing out, if only just a little bit. The character shows promise and personality, but needs to do less talking and more showing. This is one of those delicate situations where you may have allowed your character to usurp your story-telling to a degree. I've done it myself more times than I can count, and it can be very infuriating when your character has so much to say, but no meaningful way in which to say it. Still, this story shows style and I like that! The concept is a good one for a story, if only you'll have her tell us more about the things around her; her boyfriend, her grandma, her parents, the things that make her a riot at school, and the reactions those around her actually have. It needs work. But it's definitely written well, and I think that's the important thing.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:54 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Ok hands down this was good. I feel like im not alone anymore... I MEAN uhhh I really liked it you put in a lot of work on this. it sounds really good!
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:14 pm
View Likes
Qoh16 says...

This was confusing for me. But I did think this was funny. Other that, I have nothing to say. Good Luck. Keep Writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

~Qoh16
~Life has a song for every moment in life. It is just the matter of finding the right one.~

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:55 pm
View Likes
PandaAiKorai says...

I... don't... understand. :|
In all honesty, I've lived and am related to a compulsive liar. They don't act this way. But the humor did make me chuckle, I'll admit. And the end did leave me... confused. However, I don't want you to clarify anything. Leaving the reader thinking is the initial point of writing a story. I strongly approve of your story, and hope that you continue writing.

P.S. I think you're the only story I didn't sit there and point out errors; there probably were some, but I didn't see any x)

~Panda;;
Southern hospitality just ain't what it used to be...

...Ain't what it used to be...

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:29 pm
View Likes
cassidyrose says...

Ok. I really liked this, but at the same time I found it kind of confusing. I didn't really follow it that well.

Other then that, it was a very god short story/poem.

Keep up the good work!! :)

-cassidyrose
I have no idea what to put so I am writing random things. There. That should be enough.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:28 am
View Likes
Gracie says...

Hi there.

I only have one problem with this piece,but it's a pretty major one. I can't stand the character. She or he just seems very pretentious and annoying. It's not the fact that the character was a pathalogical liar. it was that he or she tried to reason out there lying in their very annoying voice.

However this does have potential. You sometimes have cliches in your writng but that can be improved. You use of language is very good.

So keep working at it.
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

Alice in Wonderland

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:17 am
View Likes
borntoshop says...

Haha. This is great. I loved the ending, it made it all perfect ! You could grow on this and make it into a longer story. I think it would turn out great!
Can't wait to read more. (:
:D

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:50 pm
View Likes
Pokemonbragirl says...

This was really interesting. I liked the bluntness of this, the 'It's not an issue, it's a good thing, I promise.' It was fun to read and I plan on looking at some of your other stuff. I didn't really find anything wrong with it (unless it's already been mentioned, because if things were mentioned then I agree with them because this makes me sound more knowledgeable.) Good job!
We kill the lights and put on a show, it's all a lie, but you'd never know.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

I loved this story, it had attitude and... I don't know, it just had something that brought it to life. What you wrote was witty, and "truthful".

Keep Writing!

Nike :)
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:29 pm
View Likes
mellophone7 says...

I liked this. It tells an interesting tale from a liar's point of view. Good job!! Keep writing!!! :)
"The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean." -Robert Louis Stevenson
"Write or die trying."
JA hatar pisanje.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon May 09, 2011 2:09 am
View Likes
LittlePrincess says...

I read stalking my stalker earlier today and I didn't even realize it was by you xD It was so funny.
This story is too, it makes me laugh. Great character.
Great hearing from you!
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
The Little Prince

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:19 pm
View Likes
Priceless says...

Hey there,
So I was just stalking your portfolio today. :P I really liked this. Your writing flowed very well; it was a very interesting idea. But I would like a few more examples of her lies. Otherwise nicely done. ^.^
We're all a little weird. And life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

Reviews: 4
Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:51 am
View Likes
strawberrieamie says...

wow this is really good!
or maybe I'm just easily impressed?
Either, I love this piece. It's short, witty, and interesting.
It kind of reminds me of the movie Confessions of a Drama Queen (I think that was the name?)
>///<
Anyone else?
People are funny.They spend money they don't have,to buy stuff they don't need,to impress people they don't even like.

strawberrieamie

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:04 pm
GeeLyria says...

Hahaha Thanks Strawberrieamie... I've never watched that movie. O.O Lol.
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming