z

Young Writers Society

Glorious

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:12 am
RWMcKinleys says...

Glorious

The spring winds blow in swaying the tall grass back and forth. The bright sun shines on my body delivering me warmth in such a dark time. I’ve never really noticed how something so small could be precious and valuable for the short time that you have it. Then when it’s gone you feel like you would do anything to get it back, anything to remember what it felt like for that small amount of time, to feel something greater than yourself. I miss him more than anything in the world, more than the sight of the beautiful flamboyant flowers filling my garden. Ever since I moved I feel like everything has just gotten worse. I feel like the world around me is closing in and squeezing me tightly. Never giving me a chance to breathe even for the slightest second, never letting me enjoy the glamorous feeling of life.

This new environment is tedious. I feel like I’m trapped in a place that is meant to be mind-numbing. No cute guys, no huge shopping centers with any good stores. It’s like being in the desert without water, preciously impossible to keep living. Nothing I or anyone else could do will be able to change that, simple fact that I will have to get through my thick skull. My name is Pearl Hampton. I am currently lying down in the silk green tall grass near this god awful farm we inherited through my grandparents. The only thing that makes me happy about this place is the mountains in the distance, snow covered tops. Something you could only find in a calendar. I think about him each minute that passes by, his smooth delicious face. The clear white teeth that inhabit his mouth, the curly black hair that I would love to run my fingers through.

The chest that I wish I could lay my head upon through my dark times. The deep blue eyes I wish I could stare into when I am frightened. He has everything that I’ve always wanted, the perfect friend and potentially the lover of my dreams. I could only imagine someone like him in my dreams, my fantasies…my buzzing mind that is filled with hundreds of thoughts.

I hear footsteps approaching as I snap back to reality; I bring stand up scanning around looking into the tall grass glancing for a sight to see who it is. The footsteps only get closer and louder, my curious mind begging to get small peak at who it might be. The small excitement that maybe, just maybe it could be my father telling me to pack up. The small amount of pleasure that one word could possibly bring to me, home… I look out further and further until I feel the presence of someone behind me. I see the shadow on the grass of whoever it might be. I turn around slowly finally looking into his eyes. Some guy I’ve never seen around here before, then again I’ve only been here for about two days. He has the athletic body type, green eyes and one heck of a smile.

I can’t resist from staring at him, the way he is dressed almost shocks me. He doesn’t wear a shirt showing off his nice abs that looks completely toned. His dark pilot sun glasses reflect my face like a mirror reminding me that I am still staring. And his cowboy hat that just makes him look delicious gives me the chills. In a small dull town where I thought everything would be boring, I think I may have found reason number two to stay here and give this place another chance. Giving me another chance to figure out what makes life so special and in the end have the knowledge to carry on.

Spoiler! :
Not so good as a romantic writer, this is really just an insert from another story of mine. Hopefully the reader gets drawn in though!! R.W

Reviews: 1
Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:38 am
tossy says...

This is veyr pretty! Through out the whole piece there is a clear image of the scenary and the character and the end is just darling. I was impressed Good luck with the contest I think you have a good chance becaue this is really well written and interestin. you should enter my friends contest? its for tweens...

Lily you are my fig father
— Elliebanana