Young Writers Society

Running

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:36 pm
lotti says...

this snipit has been incorperated into my larger story,
its in fantasy fiction called luannas story so far,
go cheek it out, im looking for reviews!!!
x
Last edited by lotti on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:15 pm
Black Ghost says...

It's some nice description, but you need more. There really isn't enough to give a proper critique. I mean, how are we supposed to know what's happening from a snipit?

[s]BlackGhost[/s]

Random avatar

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:54 pm
lotti says...

yh ur right it does need more.
but it was kinda a spur of the moment thing, and it doesnt really go anywhere at the moment, perhaps i can create sumut around it or incorperate it in another peices of work.
thanks for my first review tho :)
"Words i am proud to sign"
“Such a smile as beautiful and rare, as a smile in hope from despair”

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:01 am
Arekkusu says...

Last breath; short and quick

Random avatar

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:35 pm
lotti says...

yes Arekkusu i like that line very much as well

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:01 pm
Snoink says...

First of all, welcome to YWS! As you probably guessed, browsing through the forums and checking out our rules and guides, we really really like proper English. So make sure all your posts are neat and work out on your spellchecker! :D It's a hassle at first, but it's worth it in the end. ;)

Anyway, on to your story! This seems like only a small section of something larger. As I read this, I am wondering what she is running from and why she is so badly hurt. Right now, I am actually working on something like this in my novel, so I can sympathize with how hard it is to write such a piece, but I urge you to add more onto it. Some things that you can help expand it:

Who is she running from?

Why is she beaten?

Did she come into the chase accidentally or was she aware that she would be a chase? Did somebody set her up?

So answer those questions and you'll be able to develop a story that is awesome. Conclusions, which is what you have right now, are nice, but without a story to hook on, they are essentially meaningless.

Good luck and welcome again to YWS! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

=-=
— JazzElectrobass