z

Young Writers Society

Advent Child; Ep 2

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:00 am
Xunnamius says...

Ep stands for Epilogue, by the way. This is part two of two equally short parts.

This is the preview of my Book Two_ The Apostles for my Novel Series Advent Child (look at my signature, or click here.) It's short and sweet, so why not take a few minutes and size it up for meh! You might have to have read a bit of the first book to understand it, but I'm trying to phase that attribute out. Any help would be appreciated! If you're a fan of bold, italic, all around proper formatting, and not having it split it two -- the PDF is available for download at the bottom of the post.

... And it continues...

A man in tight jeans was laid out, staring at the sky. His face had been bashed in. On his feet he was wearing… huge roller-skates? Is that what those are?
On the other side of the street, a man had fallen on top of a woman. Next to their bodies was a blue Pontiac with a purple scimitar shoved in the side.
One lady was face down in the dirt, as if she had hit the ground from a terminal height. You could only see the back of her head, covered in blood. In her hand she held a beautiful yellow flower.
Other shadowy figures were thrown across the scene much like the previous reflection.
They were dead. All of them.
But why?
The image flew through the darkness once more, panning along the rooftops of the city, following a squad of people. The only ones left. The last hope for the rest of humanity.
One had guns in his hands. Another had a scythe, like the grim reaper, and another had a Halberd, twinkling from the skylight. Two people were even flying in the air like jet planes, ferrying one person each with both hands. I did a double take. Those two’re freaking angels! Another guy was floating along with them — a glider-like object sprouting from his palm.
The figure at the top of the tower noticed the squad coming his way and pointed a finger at them. His mummy-like bandages launched towards the approaching them like heat-seeker missiles.
They began dodging.
It was easier for the fliers than any of the others — who were forced to jump from rooftop to rooftop, avoiding the dark creature’s assault. There were some extremely close calls, but they finally reached the base of the skyscraper relatively unharmed. With no time to waste, the group began running up the side of the building, ascending rapidly.
The image flipped back to the Lyceum. Two people were walking towards the building. One male, one female.
They both had red badges on their arms.
The little girl — half the guy’s height — had to be no more than 8, but the male was more than twice her age. The little girl shimmered, like a hologram. She wasn’t real.
The image flipped again.
This time, I was looking at a black cat with blue eyes and three white stripes down its side. The pitiable thing was hiding in the window of one of Lyceum’s buildings, overlooking the mini-city of Lyceum itself.
That’s when it happened.
It was obliterated. All of it. The bodies of the building blew into hundreds of thousands of pieces. Each and every one of the unshakable towers the place was famous for crumbled in on themselves and fell.
The last symbol of hope in the world had been destroyed.
The image returned to the group of people closing in on the creature — the man at the top of the building.
He tossed the burning bible aside, smirking arrogantly down at those who would wish to destroy him.
I could feel what the creature was feeling. His hate formed words in my mind.
They truly think they have the right to debate life from a true god’s viewpoint?
He laughed viciously, spreading his arms. A huge pentagram formed in the air above him, creating a hole in the sky. Seconds later, a mammoth-sized claw emerged, dripping darkness.
The Unmaker. Destroyer of creation. Loyal to the Fallen Prince, and no other.
It rushed not at the group of fighters… but at me. Straight at me.
I was pulled back away from the vision violently, almost bowling over the people behind me.
The mirror had completely shattered.
The vision was over, but something else had just begun...
Attachments
Preview of Book Two _ The Apostles.pdf
Preview of Book Two _ The Apostles in PDF format.
(307.52 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Out of English and into Programming!
This author is taking a break from his stories to create new ones in the world of C(#).

He'll be back. I promise!

What anime am I watching?

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 pm
empressoftheuniverse says...

OH NO!! Was my reaction.
I cannot wait to read the sequel. Is it the ending? Are you making a trilogy? Because I'm going to have to read the entire thing.
And I think I may fling myself off a building if the Musician dies.
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:09 pm
Xunnamius says...

empressoftheuniverse wrote:OH NO!! Was my reaction.
I cannot wait to read the sequel. Is it the ending? Are you making a trilogy? Because I'm going to have to read the entire thing.
And I think I may fling myself off a building if the Musician dies.

You make my day xD
yes I'm writing up more chapters as we speak :lol:
Out of English and into Programming!
This author is taking a break from his stories to create new ones in the world of C(#).

He'll be back. I promise!

What anime am I watching?

Edna began to feel like one who awakens gradually out of a dream, a delicious, grotesque, impossible dream, to feel again the realities pressing into her soul.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening