z

Young Writers Society

Prose: "Chronicles of the Dhampir: Emergence"

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:04 am
Mattie says...

I found some more stuff that I skipped over when posting that part. Here's what you wrote:

I turned and looked out over the weed infested yeard. What once had beena well kapt lawn, filled with groomed hedges and gardens of beautiful flowers had deteriorated into little moe than mass of weeds and knee-high grass. Nothing lived in this place. There was death all around, from the hedges and flowers to the lone tree that once overlooked the property.

it should be:

I turned and looked out over the weed infested yard. What once had been a well kept lawn, filled with groomed hedges and gardens of beautiful flowers had deteriorated into little *more?* than a mass of weeds and knee-high grass. Nothing lived in this place. There was death all around, from the hedges and flowers to the lone tree that once overlooked the property.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:07 am
Ego says...

yeah, I tend to skip letters when I type...thanks
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:25 am
Elizabeth says...

Jesus... no wonder you got 50 posts this is a very good begining. it makes me sick to think about all th women witht the gapping wounds in their necks.. but what was so cool.

I thought that personally you used too many big words, half of which I have to look up and re read over again.
Loved it.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:24 am
Bobo says...

Well, TBR, he is four years your senior. And he's a senior. Man, we're OLD!

481 Reviews

Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:26 am
Bobo says...

Man, this thread is old! Hunter, update! Now! Oh, and remember to change Bob's name to Aiden, eh?

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:02 am
Shadow Knight says...

Pff, no more updates since I last read it, HURRY UP HUNTER! *starts chant* WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE!
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 06, 2005 11:38 pm
Ego says...

I went through and updated everything you guys mentioned, as well as adding italics where needed and chagning Robert's name to Aiden. Bobo, I need his last name still.

EDIT: and you thought you'd be getting a REAL update--heh :twisted:

576 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 07, 2005 12:56 am
Ego says...

Just kidding--here's more lol

I fumbled around in the grass, looking for whatever it was I had fallen over. My hand ran over something round and smooth partially embedded in the soil. Working my fingers around the edges of the object, I pulled it from the ground. Holding it up to my eyes so that I could see it better in the dim light, I found myself face to face with a human skull. The bleached bone seemed to grin at me maliciously, its lipless smile steeling my nerves.

Startled, I dropped the skull with a small gasp and scrambled to my feet.

"What was it?" Aiden called.

"Just a rock," I said to him, looking back over my shoulder. I hurried back to my friends and looked to Michael.

"We shouldn't be here, Mike," I told him, narrowing my eyes. Surprisingly, it was Aiden who replied, not Mike.

"No, let's go in," he said. Mike grinned.

"That settles it then--majority rules," he agreed. He took a step toward the porch, Aiden in tow. I hesitated a moment before following reluctantly. As Mike and Aiden walked to the porch, I heard the soft sound of another set of footsteps behind us. Before I could even turn around, a shout pierced the night.

"Get away from there!" A man's voice cried. As one, the three of us whirled around to see the speaker. A tall, thin man stood just a few yards away, standing in the middle of the cobble stone path leading to the gate. He was dressed in a long, black coat which billowed in the wind like a cloak. A wide brimmed bolero sat atop his head, hiding his face. He had one hand extended before him, the other at the clips of his coat. He stood in such a way that he seemed non-threatening, but something about him radiated mal-intent.

Mike was not intimidated in the least by the man's sudden appearance.
Last edited by Ego on Sat May 14, 2005 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat May 14, 2005 2:43 pm
Sureal says...

More? Please?

Anyways, let us see now... I'm too lazy to go back and check your other sections, so I'll only spell check your last one :).

"Get away from there!" a man's voice cried

I'm not too sure, but as the speech ended with a exclamation mark, I'm pretty sure 'a' should be a capital.

as one, the three of us whirled around to see the speaker.

'As' needs a capital again (start of a sentence).

He had one hand extended before hi, the other at the clips of his coat.

'Hi' should be 'him'.
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sat May 14, 2005 2:53 pm
deleted6 says...

That is god dam good Hunter i like how it start fast not like some story there no problem i can think of but carry i must know more

576 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 14, 2005 3:11 pm
Ego says...

thanks Fontroy--Surreal, I made the changes you noticed, thanks.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat May 14, 2005 6:54 pm
Sureal says...

^_^

Now all you have to do is post up the next part (yes, I enjoy nagging ;)).
I wrote the above just for you.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri May 20, 2005 1:06 pm
Shadow Knight says...

Yes, post the next part, cause I love this story so far.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

481 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:31 pm
Bobo says...

It's Ethelbert. I finally decided. Makes sense that Aiden should have a funny french last name like I do, huh? You can call him Bert if you want to give him a nickname. Otherwise... Aiden.

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:19 am
Kilty says...

Wow! The pictures in my mind this story casts--if anyone wanted an example of "showing, not telling," I would tell them to read your story. There is never any question of what something looks or feels like, because you describe everything so thoroughly. Good job.

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson