z

Young Writers Society

Good Cop Bad Cop

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:37 am
supercanti says...

This was one of my first attempts at writing. I found it saved on my PC and I want to see what you all think about it. I must have wrote this maybe one or two years ago.
The reason I'm posting some of my earlier work is because later when I post my now-a-days work I'd like to see how I progressed.

Note: The main character in this story is a panda only because when I wrote this for school the project had to have something to do with a bear. And pandas are my favorite animal so there.

______________________________________________________-

George is my name, George Jefferson. I'm B.C.P.D., Bamboo City Police Department, I'm just another panda trying to make a living. Well, I've been working on this case for a while; this new drug just hit the streets a couple of months ago called Panda Magic. This new drug really messes you up. I've been climbing the underground for weeks now. Leading me here, outside a door in a building with a nine-millimeter in my paw, waiting for the perfect moment to kick this door down and arrest everyone all of those drug dealers, mobsters, and crooks in the room. Before I kick the door down I think to myself, is it worth it? I got a wife at home with two cubs. I'm all they got, living off a cop salary with a full sized family back home is hard enough. Without me I don't know what my family would do.
Get it together Jefferson, You're not going to die, at least not tonight.
I kick the door down; and inside are about seven very surprised henchbears playing poker just looking at me too surprised to act. Before any of them go for their weapons I shoot them all in the face without showing a hint of remorse. I put my back to the closest wall next to the bathroom. I knew just by looking at all of those thugs ,when I kicked down the door, They didn't know anything. They were just there, there willing to do anything, kill anyone. I knew there bosses were just in the bedroom ahead of me. They didn't hear me shoot their men, this I knew, because of the suppressor on the barrel of my gun they didn't hear me.
I think, Jefferson you old dog, you caught them with their pants down. I slowly sneak to the door of the bedroom, thinking, this is it, I'm going to bust all of these lowlifes, these criminals.
I push the door open, and find about five of these guys wearing casual suits making all kinds of dirty deals. They look at me just as surprised as those "do anything for a buck" henchbears. I don't fire my gun, knowing these are the fat cats we need. I look at them I see one of them slowly moving his paw to a gun on the bed. I shoot his paw off showing them I mean business. He screams, I tell him to shut up, he listens. I grab my walky talky and tell the chief to send back-up. He says they should arrive in two minuets. Now I have to wait; there's too many of them for me to just start cuffing them one by one. So I just wait there holding my gun up. I wait for what seems like hours, and then I hear a door open. A sigh of relief shows up on my face, I turn around hoping to greet the back-up. Instead I greet a bullet in my chest. I fall; everything begins to go black, I hear a voice yelling "Come on, We got to go; he called back-up!" They all step over me like a dirty door mat and head out the door.
They escaped.
I try to think where did I go wrong? Then it hits me like a smack in the face. Jefferson you idiot, you forgot to check the bathroom. They escaped because of me, and for that now I got lead in my chest, and I'm bleeding badly. I black out.

My eyes shoot open.
I come to find myself in a hospital bed. My wife and cubs standing at the end of the bed. My wife hugs me, and tells me I was out for days, tears coming out of her eyes, tears of joy.
I spend about two weeks recovering at home, then I decide that I'm going back to work.
My first day back, I walk through the doors of B.C.P.D. no one says anything to me. Nothing. Not a,"Hey George feeling better?" or,"Your back already! I just started to miss you." Nothing. No one says a word. I walk to my desk, pull out my chair and sit down. My desk hasn't changed a bit, it's still as messy as ever. I begin to work. While working I hear the first voice since I walked in. It was Shellie the coffee girl, after she gave me a fresh cup she asked me if I was feeling better. I turn to her and say,"I'm doing much better thanks." She smiles back and heads on. Shellie, such a nice gal.
Hours later I begin to think how could work get any duller? I mean we've seen slow days but this one takes the cake. I look at the clock, it's twelve o' clock, time for lunch. I head out and go to my favorite place, "Viva La Steak". I go inside and get my usual twelve ounce medium rare. So I'm sitting down eating my steak, and some bozo comes in and walks to the counter. I can tell by the way he walks somethings wrong with him, I don't mean sick wrong; I mean sniffed, injected, or puffed something kinda wrong. As soon as he gets to the counter, without hesitating he pulls an automatic out of his coat. He points it towards the cashier and yells,"Empty out yall's money!"
The cashier, not wanting to get shot, tries to open register. The cashier says quietly,"Um, I cant open the register unless someone buys something."
The junkie looks at the cashier and impatiently yells,"I'll buy you a stairway to heaven if you don't open that register!"
The cashier grabs a novelty "Viva La Steak" mug; scans it and opens the register and starts putting cash in a to-go bag. While the cashier and junkie were having that deep conversation I was sneaking up behind the junkie. The junkie tells the cashier to hurry up, and before he finishes his sentence I pistol whip him right in the back of the head. He collapses. I start to check the body making sure he didn't have any more weapons. The whole time I'm doing this the cashier wont stop telling me how grateful she is. Then I check one of the junkie's pockets, something didn't feel right. So I pull out what I was feeling; It was baggy of Panda Magic with a folded piece of paper stapled on it. I unfold the paper, it was a note. I said "Gotcha."
I put the note down, then the cashier pointed at the window and asked,"They your friends?" I stand, look out the window she was pointing at. She was pointing at these two guys in causal suits walking towards the doors of "Viva La Steak". And I think to myself, these guys look way to familiar. One of the men his suit's pocket and out a suppressed nine-millimeter and aims it at me. I yell,"DUCK!" then crouch to the ground.
The cashier says,"What?" The man pulls the trigger, the bullet goes through the window and right into the head of the cashier. The cashier is dead.
I turn around and begin to head to the back doors only to be stopped by two other guys wearing casual suits. One of them punches me right in the kisser taking me down to the ground. The two guys caught me off guard, surprised. After the punch as soon as my head hit the ground I was out, all I could see was stars.

I wake up and find myself tied in a chair in a room that looks like the storage of "Viva La Steak". Five guys standing in front of me. These are the same guys I found making the Panda Magic deals. The one in the middle walks up to me, he says,"I'm guessing you remember us, and I'm also guessing that you want to know why we went through such great lengths to get you." He looks at me and angrily lifts one paw from behind his back; he was holding my nice nine-millimeter that he confiscated from me. He lifts his paw real high in the air and slaps me in the face with the side of my gun and yells,"You don't even know what you did! You figured we escaped and you failed but you took two things from me that night!" He lifts his other arm from behind his back and yells,"You took my paw! You shot off my right paw! My good paw and you shot it off!" He lifts my gun up in the air again and slaps me again with it harder. When he did that, I don't know what happened, but when he hit me the second time the knots that tied me to the chair loosened. I start messing with the knots, I needed to buy myself more time.
I say,"Yeah, yeah, your paw boohoo. You said I took two things from you what else did I take besides your precious paw?!"
He just gives me an evil glare and says,"Well if you wanna know so bad I'll tell you, we had a trade going that night between my party and some Australian Koalas. We rented that room and how you found out were there I don't care! The point is we were going to trade fifty pounds of Panda Magic to them for 500 grand, half a million, but you show up and screw the whole deal up. We escaped but the koalas walked right into that back-up you called. Now B.C.P.D. has confiscated that 500 grand leaving the Koala Brothers behind bars. And now the koala think we screwed them over, and now peace is broken between the pandas and the koalas." He walks closer to me; sticks my gun right in my face and says,"And that Mr. Jefferson," He knew my name, must've been really digging,"is what you did." I some how manage to wiggle my hands out of the knots and right before he pulls the trigger I throw my left hand right into his ugly mug, and take my gun back with my right.
Its so great having both paws, I think.
I shoot all four of the pandas standing behind the paw less one right in their faces. I get out of the chair, stand in front of the paw less panda, who's holding his face after that jab to the face I gave him. I put my gun to the head of the panda and say,"You know something? You talk to much." and then I shoot.
BOOM.
After all that I begin to walk out to the parking lot of "Viva La Steak". I notice that the mobster's car was parked right in the parking lot close to mine. I walk over to their car and try and open the trunk. I don't know why, just curious. The trunks locked. What the heck. I shoot the lock, the trunk opens, in the trunk I find two brief cases. They both contained twenty-five pounds of Panda Magic.
I just look at the fifty pounds of Panda Magic and think to myself. I could take these brief cases, fly to a different country and live like the king of the jungle for the rest of my life. But then I just close the trunk and figure, I've been playing good guy all these years why stop now?

END

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:44 am
I love hockey123 says...

hey buddy i hate to say it, but this piece of work really sucked no offence but ill look at some of ur other work and see if its verry good or not. :( :(

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:01 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I love hockey123, before making a post on this site make sure you know HOW to post. Saying that something 'sucks' is not a proper way to critique.

Posting in such a way makes for bad atmosphere, and we don't want that here.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:36 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Hockey, check your PM's. After that, edit your post and give supercanti some constructive criticism.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

7 Reviews

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:22 pm
supercanti says...

Okay, Hockey 123 didn't like the story, that's fine but Id like to know why you didn't like the story. This was probably my first attempt at writing so I want to know everything you like and everything you don't like. I'm working on my novel right now and I need to see what people thought of my past work to see what aspects of the novel I am writing right now to improve on.

Please all who have the time read the story and leave a comment on what you thought about it.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:30 am
Snoink says...

OMG. The narration of this TOTALLY reminds me of "Sin City." I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not... I know that while I was watching "Sin City" I was making rude comments to the TV set because the narration was so corny and stuff...

But in this, that actually fits. Why? Because you have a bunch of panda bears doing this! Panda bears? Narration that sounds like it came from "Sin City?" Ladies and gentlemen... we have a winner!

So yeah. I did enjoy this. If it were actual humans going through this, then I would roll my eyes, but just the idea that these are fuzzy panda bears is pretty funny.

I'm going to guess that you aimed for this effect on purpose. So... good job! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:23 pm
Soldier boy jack says...

don't let people put you down keep trying and you will get there
i don't really care anymore if people hate me,
i'm used to it, so don't bother saying anything to me, because you know that i really don't care!

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:59 pm
RoxanneR says...

It's really strange, having a panda cop for a main character, but it kind of wakes the whole story up a bit, because pandas can do stuff humans cant (like eat bamboo!).

If you are looking for constructive criticist then try double-spacing your paragraphs so they come out a bit better, because at the moment it looks like a big blob of text. To make it a bit easier going, you should indent paragraphs and when a new character speaks.

Other than that i liked it!

RR*
Want a faithful critique? PM me!

Luv RR*

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:06 pm
Nikiller says...

i enjoyed it and i feel that you used the first person well to tell the story.

7 Reviews

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:19 am
supercanti says...

Thanks guys, really appriciate the comments.

You have light and peace inside you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.
— Uncle Iroh, Avatar the Last Airbender