an endless shadow,
life shall endure.
If the flicker becomes a blaze
free the heart shall be.
But if it fades,
then it shall forever be
cursed by darkness
and shadow.
Last edited by piepiemann22 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:04 am
RoxanneR says...

This should be in poetry, not fiction. Unless, of course, you want to turn it into a story. Then it's fine.

RR*
Want a faithful critique? PM me!

Luv RR*

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Jiggity says...

Yeah, this should be in poetry lol.

heatr

heart

forevere

forever

but within the darkness
an endless shadow
life shall endure
if it becomes a blaze

I think this passage would make more sense if the line "a flame flickers" or somesuch. Before the blaze part, and as a sign that life is indeed still there.

However, having said that I think this entire piece is pretty much useless. It does nothing and serves no purpose and nor is it a masterpiece of writing, which would excuse the lack of purpose/message. In any sense, this type of poetry has been seen before. Many many times. Why not try to write about something that means a lot to you, something personal. Something people can relate to. See what happens.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed May 18, 2011 7:09 pm
Jalmoc says...

Should be in poetry as everyone else stated lol. This was very good otherwise! :)

Keep Writing!!

--Jalmoc
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Wed May 18, 2011 7:31 pm
View Likes
AmeliaCogin says...

Hello! I'm Amelia. I don't believe I have ever reviewed your work before so here goes. I wont go into any detail reiterating what the other reviewers have said about this being in poetry ( too me, it almost certainly seems like a poem, though you could have just spun a bit of poetic licence on story-writing...). There was no denying that this was gramatically stable (...a few minor spelling mistakes...), however, the words seep blandness. The poem doesn't bore me to death, but it doesnt light that spark in me, so to speak. There was no emotion behind the words and therefore the poem serves little purpose both to your life and to other readers who look to poetry for an emotive, inspiring message. Writing should come from the heart and I felt that this was something that you just created in your head, thought it sounded good, and wrote it down. Sorry for being so harsh. I hope my critique helps you to write with more passion and emotion. Keep writing though, and I'd be happy to review any of your other pieces on request ( or if I fancy out of my own free will, of course...) lol. Enjoy your day.
~ Amelia

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell