z

Young Writers Society

My Bloody Valentine

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:48 pm
Kelsey Logan says...

[pre][pre]Cayla looked at the barn and waited for him to come out. His name was Sam and she held a strange fascination with him. She knew there was something suspicious about the way he acted, and how he was kind of vague. He didn’t quite seem to fit in with the others in town.

The barn door slowly slid open on its rusty hinges. Cayla ran up to meet him.

“Hello Sam, what were you doing in there?”

“Cayla, I told you to leave me alone,” Sam said irritably. He had told her this at least a thousand times, he figured. She followed him everywhere, and had since he’d moved there four months ago. People teased him about it all the time.

“Where are you going?” she pestered him.

“I’m going to the bar, where you’re not allowed because you’re only fifteen. I, on the other hand, being an adult can go drink as much as I want. Now please go home and leave me alone, or I’ll tell your parents you were drinking.”

“But I wasn’t,” she pointed out.

“That may be true, but your parents don’t know that.”

Cayla pouted and walked home very indignantly. Older men could be so stubborn. Although he was eleven years her senior, she thought it could work out. She saw him walk into the tavern and sighed, he was just so handsome.

When Cayla got home her mom walked up to her.

“Where were you?” Anna Peters asked her daughter furiously.

“I went to say hello to Sam,” Cayla said innocently.

“I told you to leave that poor man alone. No wonder all the other men tease him. Having a little girl follow him around everywhere must be humiliating.”

“I’m not a little girl, I’m a young woman.” Cayla drew up to her full height, which wasn’t saying much. Anna just rolled her eyes.

Sam stared down at his pint of beer. He secretly liked Cayla Peters, but he wasn’t about to let anybody know, especially her. She was cute and perky, with big hazel eyes and an attractive easy-going smile. He imagined her running through the hills, her dark blonde hair flying in the breeze. He wanted to ask her to marry him when she was old enough.

But deep down he knew it would never happen. He would be gone by then. He moved around a lot, usually every two or three years. He would bring too much attention to himself if he stayed for much longer. People might suspect him. Nobody could find out his secret, and he hoped they never would.

“Look Mother, Sam Williams is back,” Cayla called from her kitchen window. She watched him walk up the path to get into town, his black hair blowing in the wind.

“Now Cayla leave him alone. You’re engaged remember,” Anna said as she entered the room.

“I’m just going to go say hello,” Cayla cried as she ran out the door. Her mother just sighed and shook her head.

“Hello Sam.”

“Hello Cayla.” He caught sight of the ring on her finger. “Are you engaged?”

“Yes I am, actually.”

“To who?” His face fell slightly.

“Ben Anders. What’s wrong?”

“I’m just tired. Can we talk later?”

“Sure. Where are you staying?” she inquired.

“The Jacksons’,” he said, and yawned.

That night Cayla decided to take Sam a pie as a welcome back gift. On the way to the Jacksons’ house she heard a muffled scream come from the Anders’ house. She knocked on the door, but nobody came to open it. She turned the doorknob and it opened into the house.

“Ben? Are you home?” she called nervously. No answer. She slowly and quietly crept up the stairs. When she came to the top of the stairs she saw an open door to her right. She cautiously peeked around the doorway.

Sam was standing over Ben’s sister, Lena’s, body. Cayla gasped and turned to run, but Sam heard her. He ran after her and caught her, wrapping his strong arms around her. She looked up into his pale blue eyes with horror. He seemed to have grown fangs, one on each eyetooth, top and bottom.

“What are you? Some kind of monster?” she whimpered. He let her go, but she stayed rooted to the ground in fear. She slowly swiveled around to face him.

“I’m so sorry you had to see that Cayla,” he said sincerely. His fangs slowly shrank to normal teeth as he spoke. “That’s why I had to leave before. But now I’m back, and I came for you.”

“To kill me?! How kind of you,” she spat the words out, and her eyes became cold and hateful.

“No. I could never do that.”

“Why not?”

“Because,” he hesitated, “I need you.”

“For what exactly? A snack?”

“No, for a companion.”

“A companion! What’s that supposed to mean? Are we going to have polite conversation as you eat me?” She stared into his eyes spitefully.
Sam looked at her teary-eyed. “I love you Cayla. I always have. I came back to ask you to marry me. I made enough money for us to settle down and start a family.”

Cayla knew he was telling the truth. She could see it in his eyes. “Did you ever think about the fact that I might not love you?”

A look of shock came across Sam’s pale face. “Do you really not love me?”

“I never said I didn’t. I asked if you’d thought about it.”

“I thought about it all the time.” He could sense her uneasiness and doubt.

“Bite me,” she stated very simply and reasonably, as she pushed her hair over one shoulder revealing her long, smooth neck.

Sam stared at the girl he loved in complete shock. “I can’t do that.”

“I know what you are. You’re a vampire, and I want to be one too.”

“Have you always known? Is that why you irritated me so much when I was here before?”

“I suspected it. I learned about vampires from my friend Charlotte a long time ago. I, like everyone else, thought they were a thing of pure legend and myth. But when you came to town I slowly figured it out. You accidentally killed your parents when your need for blood became too great for you to stop yourself.” She touched the side of her neck in invitation. “You know you want to turn me. We could be together forever.”

Sam suddenly lunged toward Cayla and sunk his fangs into the side of her neck. Dark blood welled out of the four holes he had made.

After a moment he released her. They looked into each other’s eyes sweetly.

Cayla’s eyes suddenly became mischievous as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a short wooden stake.

“I never said I loved you back.” She laughed evilly and plunged the stake into his heart. Sam fell back and turned to dust.

Cayla was never seen again in that town and neither was Sam. Everybody thought they ran off together and got married. A tender, touching love story. They couldn’t have been more wrong.[/pre][pre][/pre]
Attachments
My Bloody Valentine4.doc
(27 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Last edited by Kelsey Logan on Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
KTL :P

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:04 pm
Twit says...

You need to write the story up on here, not put it up as a download. Copy and paste it into here from a Word document or whatever. And try not to post more too much of your stuff in one day. :)
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:05 am
TheBlueStreak says...

Hey Girl,

I think I liked it...It was a little...um...odd, maybe. However, shock aside, it was short and sweet (in an ironic sort of way). I enjoyed the suppense of the beginning, coupled with the twist at the end. Overall pretty good; just take off the preformatted text and you'll be set.

Blue
Better to fail than to have never tried
--Blue

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:10 am
Kelsey Logan says...

i was having problems with the text. argh!
KTL :P

"Yesterday you said tomorrow, so JUST DO IT."
— Shia Labeouf