z

Young Writers Society

Brooklyn Bridge falls

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:03 pm
kyleb06 says...

Hi! My name is James Harrison. I am a twelve year-old student on my way to a new foster family. I have belonged to about fifteen family's. Some could say I'm a trouble student. Anyway, back to the story. I was crossing the Brooklyn Bridge on my long journey to my temporary family. Most of my homes have been in the green, rolling hills of the middle states. I especially loved Idaho. There was plenty of potatoes. However, This was way different from the back country. Tall, unending gray skyscrapers rose around me as I entered New York city.

I looked around for a cab. Eventually I found one with an Islamic driver. His name was Ahmed some-thing or other. Not that I cared. So on the way there we crossed countless gray streets. It was fun to window shop every time we got stuck in traffic. When I got out of the cab I noticed Ahmed was following me...
The pen is not as sharp as the sword.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:05 am
leebass says...

Hi, this is a good start. There's not much to say because it's so short. Next time wait until you've written the whole story before posting it for a review. You'll get a lot more out of it and it's more interesting to read. It's a good start though, keep it up :)

kyleb06 wrote:Hi! My name is James Harrison. I am a twelve year-old student on my way to a new foster family. I have belonged to about fifteen family's (families). Some could say I'm a trouble (troubled)student. Anyway, back to the story. I was crossing the Brooklyn Bridge on my long journey to my temporary family. Most of my homes have been in the green, rolling hills of the middle states. I especially loved Idaho. There was (were)plenty of potatoes. However,(this) This was way different from the back country. Tall, unending gray skyscrapers rose around me as I entered New York city.

I looked around for a cab. Eventually I found one with an Islamic driver. His name was Ahmed some-thing or other. Not that I cared. So on the way there we crossed countless gray streets. It was fun to window shop every time we got stuck in traffic. When I got out of the cab I noticed Ahmed was following me...

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:11 pm
ElisaDonut says...

Please write more. I want to read about the Brooklyn Bridge falling, and I want to see more of Ahmed. He's my favourite character of the two.... I love the way the main charrie is really sarcastic - I can see where that came from. xD I'm kidding. But chyeah, this is pretty cool even though it's short, but being short isn't always a bad thing for a story.
Can't wait for Part 2. o3o
You just lost the game.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:05 am
JazzyJumppi says...

You have great writing potential like it a lot !You should try publishing! Check out mine it’s called
The Double Life!

Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
— Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, Questionable Content