z

Young Writers Society

The Sword OF the Seeker

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:43 pm
Reflex1919 says...

Thump, thump, that is the sound Katelyn’s heart made when she made her horse speed up. Katelyn and her sister Holly were running from the Dalen’s.
The Dalen’s chased Katelyn and Holly for several miles when one of the Dalen’s risen up there bow and shot an arrow at Holly’s back. The arrow got stuck in Holly’s back. Katelyn looked back and Holly was about to fall off her horse then she all of a sudden sat up and kept on riding until they reached a sand dune and she fell of her horse and rolled down the sand dune and the arrow broke and she laid there in the river. Katelyn stopped her horse and ran down the hill to her sister. She got to her sister and she was lying in the river at the base of the sand dune. Holly handed the book of counted shadows to Katelyn and said “find the seeker and defend him with your life!”
Katelyn stood up and got on her horse and rode to the barrier and held up a glowing necklace and the green barrier opened up and she passed threw but before it could close 3 Dalen’s passed threw also.
Richard was chopping down a tree so he could make a bridge so he could earn a couple of extra gold pieces. It took him thirty minutes to complete it. He finally finished it and a boy named Tommy and his cow walked up. Tommy was nervous at first but he wasn’t scared anymore when richer hopped onto his horse and pranced across. So Tommy went across with his cow.
Then Richard went and picked two apples from a close by apple tree. He gave one of them to his horse and ate the other. Right before he finished his apple he heard the sound of running in the woods. Then he heard a girl yell “get away from me!” then he heard three men’s voices yell “after her!” Then one of the three men yelled “stop the confessor!”
Then Richard jumped up and followed all of them as quietly as he could so they wouldn’t notice. They stopped at a rocky cliff and one of the three men raised there bow and was about to shoot Katelyn when Richard jumped out and hit the guy with the bow. The Dalen fell to the ground. Then Katelyn grabbed one of the Dalen’s necks. All of a sudden Richard herd a silent thunder and the Dalen’s eyes tuned as black as coal so did Katelyn’s irises. After Katelyn let go she fell to the ground. The Dalen she had her hand around turned around and started swinging his sword around and he stabbed the one with the bow. Then the leader of the Dalen’s stabbed the Dalen that was attacking everyone else.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:29 pm
Incognito says...

This reminds me a lot of The Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind. In fact the similarities are astounding, and could get you in trouble with copyright. I recommend you talk to a mod and get this moved to fanfiction, because so far, the events, the reference to the Seeker, the confessors, and even Richards name makes it very sketchy.

I see you are new so you may not have known there is a fanfiction section. I recommend you look into it.
~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:13 am
Caoimhinmarc says...

LOL! This is totally the first episode of the Legend of the Seeker. All these things you wrote happened in the show. You just changed the characters' names (i.e. Katelyn=Kahlan, Holly=Dennee, Dalen=D'harans) except for Richard.
"I felt it. Perfect. I was perfect."

I should infinitely prefer a book.
— Mary Bennet, Pride and Prejudice