z

Young Writers Society

Cleared for disaster.

Reviews: 1
Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:11 pm
View Likes
Zon756 says...

alright, heres the start of a story i started on today. All help and comments are appreciated!!

All it took was a second, just one split second and disaster took place. A 747 crash landed into a CRJ 700 holding short on the same runway..In the dense fog the controller had no idea that this had happened…until a holding aircraft had reported seeing an explosion and both aircraft sliding on the wet runway bursting the 23,000 lbs of fuel into flames. Xavier raced toward the crash phone and rang to the Fire crew to head for the runway, while Nick and Emma decided to take evasive action and send all the approaching aircraft to a holding point to wait for clearance to the other runway. “JetBlue 3409, Go around, I say again, go around… we just had an aircraft crash on the runway…contact departure for Holding point at 127.56, good day”

more to come, of course ;)

GREETS!
Cheers,

"let it snow let it snow let it snow"

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:19 pm
Nike says...

Geat Job. I really am not interested in Planes and such, but this got me hooked. You kinda switch tenses here, watch out. Don't do that!
Too short really for me to edit anymore so...
Keep Writing!
Nike :)
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

Reviews: 1
Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:29 pm
Zon756 says...

thanks, heres more...

Monday, September 25, 2010. 20:40
San Francisco ATC

All it took was a second, just one split second and disaster took place. A 747 crash landed into a CRJ 700 holding short on the same runway...In the dense fog the controller had no idea that this had happened…until one of the holding aircraft had reported seeing an explosion and both aircraft sliding on the wet runway bursting the 11,000 lbs of fuel into flames. Xavier raced toward the crash phone and rang to the Fire crew to head for the runway, while Nick and Emma decided to take evasive action and send all the approaching aircraft to a holding point to wait for clearance to the other runway. “JetBlue 3409, Go around, I say again, go around… we just had an aircraft crash on the runway…contact departure for Holding point at 127.56, good day”. As Nick sent the aircraft to go around, one-by-one, Emma is furiously searching for a holding point that wont disturb the busy airspace “Nick, send them to holding point EVANN, it’s just on the border of the controlled area, but it’s our best bet to not cause any problems” “ ok, sending them now, thanks” . The crash phone rings again, for Xavier to answer it “well sir we have a problem here, the aircraft seems to have stopped at the cross point of both runways. And there seems to be two aircraft down here” Xavier in shock says thanks and puts the phone down “guys, we may have a problem here, both runways can’t be used anymore, we are going to have to send the aircraft to LAX.” “Sending them to LAX would be a bad idea” says Nick “because they are already facing a handful of traffic and delays, so sending the aircraft there would get the controllers mad”. “But we still have about 10 aircraft waiting for takeoff” Steve reminds Xavier. Xavier now has only one option, “alright, here what we will do. Nick, you send the aircraft with low fuel to LAX and the rest to Las Vegas. Steve, you cancel all takeoffs and send them back to the gate to await for further information. Emma, you control approach and report airport is closed and to fly to the Alternate airport written in their flight plan”. All three of the controllers agree to the idea and do as said. “Xavier we may have a problem” says Nick “we have an Air France A340 that has a critical condition of fuel and has to land here” Xavier is left in question, with a troubled A340 it’s a hard decision.

Monday, September 25, 2010 21:00
LAX ATC

At LAX the weather has also gotten bad, Taylor tunes the radios to the ATIS or weather reporter to receive bad news, a severe storm is on its way. “Jack, we have a severe storm closing in on us.” Taylor interrupts Jack busy with the approaching aircraft “so what do we do now Taylor? We have a lot of aircraft approaching, and more coming from San Francisco” Jack says surprised. “Well, first off, all the Heavy’s have first priority, so let them land first, and then send the rest. If the storm comes faster than expected then send the aircraft that won’t be able to land to a holding point” Taylor explains. “Alright, willco” Jack replies. “Taylor, if a storm is coming then is it worth to send aircraft to takeoff?” Mac asks. “Let the aircraft that are taxiing to the runway to take off, at least twenty of them, and cancel the rest, we are going to be going through interesting weather” Taylor answers. Meanwhile Selena calls in from a service car down below “LAX control, this is service car three, do you read?” Harry rushes to a nearby radio in the tower to answer “yes we do 5/5 control what do you need?” “well, we have a problem here, it seems that the runway look like it’s got a thin layer of ice on it” Harry confused he replies with a thank you and gets to Taylor “Taylor, I have bad news, one of our service cars reported black ice on the runway, so sending the heavies would be disastrous” “Wait what? Black ice? But how?” Taylor asks nervously, “we still don’t know how, but we have got to clear it up” “the heavy’s are going to have to wait, it’s too dangerous” Harry adds on. But it’s already too late…

Monday, September 25, 2010 21:23
Aer Lingus 002

Captain Sherlock Ferguson fights with the controls wrestling with the crosswinds as first officer Mike Nucleon asks again for landing clearance “Aer Lingus 002 requesting to land runway 26L”. As quickly as he asked Nick from the tower replies “Aer Lingus 002 winds 20 at 133 cleared to land runway 26L” “cleared to land runway 26L, Aer Lingus 002”. Captain Sherlock manages to get the plane on the ground with a smooth touchdown as always “what the? The brakes aren’t reacting! The reversers are set but that won’t slow the plane in time!! We are going to run off!!” just before First officer yells out a go around the A340 runs off the runway, and down the hill to where the plane slows to a stop. “EVACUATE NOW!!” yells out the captain. With only 90 seconds to clear out all of the 300+ passengers and crew, it all seemed impossible.

GREETS!
Cheers,

"let it snow let it snow let it snow"

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:44 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

kay, this is awesome! I'll come back and do a better review later but heres a note: when adding work to a pre-published work: it's better to hit the edit button in the top right corner of your peice. then copy and paste ;)
--pointe
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena