z

Young Writers Society

Family of Sinners Part 1

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:47 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

This is a story i wrote with my friends a long time ago before we had a big argument and blow out D: Enjoy this, Part 2, and my Novel The Akachi Prolouge, Chapter 1, and Chapter 2 in the Action/Adventure section.Thanks! Also, comment so I can know what to fix and learn what mistakes I shouldn't make again.

Chapter 1

I looked towards the skye as I sat on the highest tree branch. Nearby, a house stood tall above the trees. “Hey Cheer! You coming or what?” someone shouted. My name is Cheer and I’m eight years old. I have blue eyes. My hair is white with blue bangs. Also, I have powers that would make people laugh.
I looked down seeing the face of my friend Maple. “I asked Mom if you could come over. She said yeah,” Maple shouted. Maple was like a sister to me. “Alright,” I told her hopping off my branch. I landed next to her without any kind of injury.
Maple was older than me, but not by much. She was eight and was nice to everyone. If you made her mad, you better run. She grabbed my hand and led me toward the nearby house. “Hi Cheer,” a female voice said as we walked into the house. Maple's mom, Felan, was sitting on the couch watching the news on the television.
“Hey,” I told her waving. “Where’s Drear?” I asked both of them. “Cheer likes Drear,” Maple began to sing. “No I don’t!” I told her almost yelling as a blush came to my face. “She’s shopping with Tam,” Felan answered. “Sora?” I asked. “Hunting with Reck and Res,” Felan said calmly.
Shivers went down my spine. Sora, Reck, and Res didn’t hunt animals, but people. People who threaten our home or us. “What are you watching?” I asked changing the subject. “The news,” Felan said. “Mom, can I make cookies,” Maple asked. “Go ahead,” Felan said waving her hand. At first, I doubted Maple’s cooking skills, but for sure, she can bake.
I leaned against a counter as I watched. Within seconds, she had the batter ready. She waved her hand over the batter and the air under her hand shimmered as Maple increased the heat under it. Ten seconds later, the bowl of batter had turned into a bowl of piping hot cookies.
I took a cookie and bit into it. My mouth was instantly overwhelmed with flavor. “Yum,” I giggled acting my age. “Oh no,” Felan gasped. “What?” I asked. “Full moon,” Maple muttered. “What?” I repeated.
I looked out the window seeing it was dark. “Where are the others?” I asked again. “Run Cheer!” Felan shouted. I ran without any hesitation. Behind me, I heard a howl. A black necklace that rested against my skin hid under my t-shirt. Fishing it out, I tapped it once.
Instantly, my powers activated. I flipped into the air grabbing hold of a branch. I heard the sound of limbs being broken behind me and it was getting closer. I swung forward landing on a branch. I began running forward, hopping from branch to branch like a ninja.
Suddenly, I turned normal crashing to the ground. Within seconds, a huge wolf stood over me with bloodlust in its eyes. “Get off me,” I snarled using all my strength and shoving the wolf off me. The wolf skidded a few feet away. I tapped my necklace again, but nothing happened. “I canceled out your powers,” the wolf snarled in a familiar voice.
The wolf lunged and bit into my arm drawing blood. A thin line of blood rolled down my arm. Spots began to appear in my vision. Just when I thought I was about to pass out, the wolf was slammed against a tree. I looked to see a girl with fangs, and demon wings. “Reck,” I tried to say but found out I couldn’t speak.
Sora and Res also appeared from behind her. In a flash, they had to wolf behind a barrier and safe from harms well. Res turned to face me and knelt down. “You okay?” he asked me. All I could do was nod. Dots were still clouding my vision as Res helped me up. Sora didn’t even look at me. “Either protect yourself next time or die,” Sora told me before fading.
Sticking my tongue out at him, I mocked him from behind his back. I heard a growl from nearby. I turned to see a wolf padding toward me. Fear taking over, I stepped back. I swear, the wolf chuckled. In a flash of blinding white light, the wolf was gone. In its place was a teen. “The name is Sin,” he told us.
Waving, I introduced myself. “Cheer! Your girlfriend is here!” Maple shouted her voice echoeing. “She’s not my girlfriend!” I shouted running to the house. I heard Res chuckle behind me. I was tempted to turn around and flip him off but didn’t. Flipping through branches, I came closer to the school. But as I neared, I was somehow slammed against the ground.
“What the,” I said aloud. I felt a pressure on my chest. The pressure was steadily applied until I could hardly breathe. I saw a man holding a sword that was pointed at me standing on my branch. I tried to move my hand toward my necklace but couldn’t. I watched as the man slowly lifted the sword. In sync, my necklace also lifted. But the pressure was still there.
My necklace floated toward him and landed on his open palm. “Finally, the Necklace of Cheer,” I heard him breathe. “I am Cheer. And you are dead,” I suddenly said. “What did you say?” He asked me. “You shouldn’t of done that,” I snarled. “What are you going to do about it?” he laughed. The pressure suddenly faded as a dark energy clouded the whole forest.
My eyes turned solid black as black wings sprouted from my back. My hair turned black and was hovering. Fangs elongated from my gums as a solid black staff appeared in my hand. “You think I don’t know anything to fight?” the man laughed. I lunged forward fading into the blackness. “Light of the Heavens and the Sun, I command you to destroy the darkness,” I head him chant.
“Nus eht dna Snevaeh eht fo Thgil,” I shouted my voice echoing from everywhere. Instantly, his spell backfired and slammed into his chest. I swung my staff as he suddenly flew into a wormhole that appeared out of nowhere. I caught my necklace out of the air and put it on before I lost control. Instantly, the forest turned normal.
“They always underestimate me,” I sighed. I deactivated my powers and continued my way. I bent down and picked up the sword the man had dropped. It was solid black with a red hilt. I held it as I walked dragging it almost since it was heavy. I saw Drear and Tam as I neared. “Hey!” I shouted. Tam turned around and I saw her eyes dart to the sword I held.
“Can I have it?” she blurted when I came into speaking range. Nodding, I tossed her the blade. She got the hilt and swung it smiling. “Perfect,” she announced. “I got something for you,” Drear said coming toward me. She took out a box and handed it to me. I opened it to discover a dagger. “That is so you don’t have to use BV or go ultimate,” she told me shyly. “I love it,” I told her hugging her.
Drear turned around and walked inside. I saw Tam spin the sword before slinging it across her back with the hilt above her shoulder. I walked inside behind Tam. Behind me, I heard a chuckling. Turning around I saw a mysterious hooded figure. “Who are you,” I asked keeping my voice low.
“Follow me,” he whispered turning and walking out the door. It seemed as if no one saw him. I followed him with on hand on the hilt of my hidden sword. “Don’t you dare,” he told me not even turning around. My training required me not to trust strangers so I kept my hand on the hilt.
We seemed to walk for about an hour before coming upon a lake. “Where are we,” I asked him as I didn’t remember this place. The man began chuckling till it turned into laughing as he raised his hands. The area around us suddenly was swallowed up by darkness. Instinctively, I drew out my black blade with drips of blood from the god Hades.
The man turned around and threw back his hood. My eyes widened when I saw who it was. It was Death. I tightened my grip on my blade, Sava, eyeing Death. “What do you want,” I snarled. “Your soul,” he laughed. With a flick of his wrist, I was suddenly slammed against the wall of darkness. My eyes turning red, I lunged forward sword posed.
Death swatted me to the side and I slid painfully. I staggered up till I stood. “Its pointless to try to defeat Death. Just give up and you can join your mother,” he told me. “What did you say!” I shouted eyes turning a bright red. “I was the one who killed your mother for Hades. Plus, there is something you don’t know about him,” he laughed at me.
I lunged forward swinging wildly and screaming. Death yawned and I was suddenly on the ground unable to breathe. He kneeled in front of me and put one of his bony hands on my head. My vision began to blur. “Res! Hurry!” someone shouted. I barely saw Reck fly through the darkness. “I’m coming,” came his reply walking through the darkness.
I then lost the feeling of my legs. “Now!” Reck shouted charging at Death. Res withdrew a Bible and began reading but I couldn’t understand the words. All the feeling beneath my chin was gone and I was starting to stop breathing. Light begin to spill out of the Bible and wrap around Reck as she slammed into Death.
Death screamed bloody murder before vanishing. I laid there going in and out of consciousness. I finally woke up on the grass near the lake. That was when I noticed the lake was gone. Reck and Res stood above me looking worried. “Are you okay?” Reck asked me. I stood up nodding. “Why was he following you?” Res asked.
I shook my head remembering what he said. “I don’t know,” I lied. I checked that my sword was in its scabbard and sighed. “I know your lying,” Res suddenly said as I was walking away. I waved my hand ignoring his words. As soon as I was out of site, I sat with my back against a tree and started crying.
I cried under that tree for about thirty minutes before wiping my eyes and standing up. I was about to turn when I was slammed into a tree. “What the,” I groaned sliding down the trunk of it. I lifted my head looking into the eyes of Sora. “What was that for,” I snarled. Sora smirked and I felt a tightening around my heart.
“Your weak. Weaklings don’t belong here,” he snarled. Screaming, I sent a wave of darkness at Sora making him break his control. I lunged at him before he swatted me aside. I slammed into a tree and it collapsed before it landed on me. Weakly, I made a fist and unclenched it and a ball of darkness went into the air.
It exploded into a signal for help. Not even five seconds went by before an arrow flew towards Sora. Sora reached out and grabbed it when it was a few inches from his face. “Come on out Felan,” he said. Felan walked from the shadows a bow in her grasp with an arrow notched. Sin, White, and Res came from different areas.
I looked around weakly, blood trickling from the side of my mouth. I smiled but that caused my lungs to tighten. “Why are you all trying to save him? He’s worthless,” Sora shouted. “Tam is with Drear,” something said in my head. “Cheer! Your Hades’ son! And Drear’s your sister! And I’m your cousin,” Felan shouted out of nowhere. My eyes widened as strength filled me.
“What have you done!” Sora roared sending a blast of fire into Felan. Felan was slammed into a tree. I lunged forward ignoring all the pain slamming into Sora. Sora grabbed my by the throat and slowly started crushing my windpipe. I started flailing as it became harder for me to breathe.
“Let him go!” someone shouted. Sin grabbed Sora by the throat and spun slamming him into a tree. White came from the sky and slammed a fist into Sora’s face. Powerful waves came from the collision slamming me into the ground. I leaned up seeing Sora throwing White. I jumped forward slamming darkness into Sora. White landed on his feet and frowned.
“You all are weak!” Sora laughed. “Full on assault!” I screeched darkness slamming into Sora. Sora turned to face me and I collapsed, the oxygen around me gone. I gasped like a fish out of water. An arrow slammed into Sora’s temple causing me to breathe deeply the smell of fresh air. Blood trickled down from the wound on Sora’s head. “Silly Felan. I’m immortal!” Sora laughed.
White nodded and lunged at Sora. I also lunged moving quicker distracting him. Sin jumped over me and bit Sora’s throat. Felan launched more arrows. Res jumped from the side throwing kunai into Sora’s side. White made it and his hand went through Sora’s stomach grabbing his soul.
Sora’s face showed surprise. White ripped his soul out and Sora’s empty body crumpled to the ground. Sora’s soul flickered. Sighing, White put the soul back. I growled at the weakened Sora. “I give,” Sora said. I smiled on the outside but on the inside I knew he was lying. I helped him up sheathing my sword. Whispering, I walked away. I jumped through the trees darkness healing me.
“So Hades is my father, Drear is my sister, and Felan is my cousin. This is weird,” I muttered. I kept jumping from branch to branch like a ninja. I held my bleeding side from a wound that the darkness couldn’t heal. My foot nearly slipped but I regained my balanced and kept jumping. With no destination in mind, I jumped towards the nearest town.
I stopped in front of a Burger King and walked inside. “Welcome to Burger King. How may I help you?” asked the man behind the counter. “I’d like a Quadruple BK Stacker, large fries, chicken fries, and a large Mountain Dew,” I ordered taking out the money and paying. After getting my food, I walked out the door and walked back into the forest eating.
I walked through the forest eating still lost in my thoughts. I sat under a tree yawning. Throwing my trash to the side, I closed my eyes falling asleep instantly.

Opening my eyes, I was looking into the eyes of a wolf. In the eyes I saw bloodlust. I was about to scream when it placed a paw on my mouth. That was when I saw it grinning. “Sin!” I shouted my voice muffled. The wolf stepped back turning into a human grinning. “That wasn’t funny!” I shouted at him.
“Shut up,” he snapped his ears still wolfish. Growling, I obeyed. “Something destroyed the home. Everyone fled, but they all are okay. I saw you asleep so I came to protect u since you are five,” Sin explained. “I’m not that weak!” I whispered almost shouting. “To this thing you are so obey or be left with it to die,” Sin snarled at me his eyes darting from side to side, his ears twitching at even the slightest sound.
“Fine,” I whispered. “Follow me,” Sin whispered turning into a wolf and padding away. I followed him deeply confused. In the distance, I heard a roaring. I started shaking but not from being afraid, but being cold. “Stop shivering or it will hear you,” Sin growled at me. I stuck my tongue out at Sin. “Stop,” Sin growled.
Nearby something hit the ground causing me to bounce into the air. “Maybe we should’ve let Sora destroy you,” Sin huffed. Growling silently, I turned and walked toward the sound away from Sin. “Get back here you idiot!” Sin shouted. I ran towards the increasing sound eyes narrowed into slits. “I can’t trust any of them,” I whispered to myself.
I skidded to a stop once I reached my destination. I stood before a giant that must’ve been 10 stories high. “Whoa,” I breathed. Making a fist, I willed the blood inside me to obey. “Time to use my secret arsenal of weapons,” I muttered. I jumped taking a dagger and slicing a gash on my palm. A scythe with blood stained on the blade appeared in my grasp.
I swung it as I neared. I made a tiny scratch on its cheek before being slammed into the ground. The scythe vanished upon impact the cut on my hand healing not leaving a trace. I saw a shadow above me before the giant’s foot landed on me. A blood shield shot up and barely blocked the impact. “Reflect,” I whispered.
Electricity raced on the surface of the blood shield before the giant was sent into the air. I jumped into the air my spine exploding. Chains shot from my spinal cord and wrapped around the giant. Clenching my teeth, I willed the chains to move. The chains slung the giant into the ground making a loud booming sound. The chains went back into my spinal cord area reforming my spine.
I landed out of breath. The giant lied motionless for moments before standing up. “Time for supper. Bloody Vengence!” I shouted as BV appearing in my grasp. I jumped forward toward the giant’s throat. I swung as hard as I could making a deep gash. The giant’s oddly colored blood stained BV’s sharp edge before being absorbed and sucked into a empty vault.
The giant swayed before crumbling onto the ground. I landed exhausted BV vanishing. The ground under me rumbled before a crater opened under me. I screamed a silent scream before falling. Just as my head went under, the top of the crater closed up. Seconds later, I landed in the middle of a throne room. I lifted my head looking around confused. "Who are you?" I asked the man who was sitting on the throne.
"Are you so idiotic you don't even recognize your own father?" the man said his voice and threatening. "Your Hades aren't you?" I asked staring dumbstruck at the man who announced he was my father. "Correct you are Cheer, now, why do you think I have summoned you here?" he asked me leaning back on his throne. "To get rid of me?" I joked. "Don't be joking around Cheer. Some of the souls in the Otherworld take that as an invitation to either possess you or take your soul," he said sharply. His words sent a tingle down my spine.
"I don't want to be here anymore. I want to go back home," I said loud enough for him to hear. "Cheer, you are home," Hades told me smirking. "Your wrong Hades. You may be my father, but my home is where Felan, Maple, Sora, and the others are. If they ever die in my presence, then I shall come down here to live," I told Hades staring into his eyes coldly. "Very well Cheer," Hades said with a tiny hint of sadness before waving his hand. The ceiling opened above me and i was sucked upwards and towards the heavens.
Last edited by ArahAkachi1 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

Random avatar

Reviews: 34
Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:19 pm
kasimkaey says...

I started reading and got so confused, I didn't understand what was going on or what was happening. And then the full moon confused me even more, who was behind her when she was running? What are they? I got confused because there was so much information given and I didn't know how to categorise it?
But there wasn't a lot of stuff wrong with the chapter grammatically. It was just a little confusing.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:06 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

1. Ok, so they are basically humans with supernatural abilities.
2. The moon plays a big part since Felan and Maple, they can transform into wolves since they have a werewolf side, hence moon is full.
3. Felan, chaorrupted by her werewolf side and transformed was chasing him, not her.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

It's unsettling to know how little separates each of us from another life altogether.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore