z

Young Writers Society

Family of Sinners Part 2

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:00 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Chapter 2

I opened my eyes seeing the muzzle of a wolf. "Sin, it won't work again," I told the wolf attempting to push it off me. The wolf snarled when my fingers touched it. "Sin?" I asked getting scared. "I'm not this Sin you speak of. I am Vardo," the wolf growled. The wolf opened its jaws and I saw its bloodstained fangs. "I found supper!" Vardo howled moving its muzzle at my throat quickly. "Cheer!" came the familiar shout of Felan. An arrow of pure water slammed into Vardo's chest knocking him off me. Vardo stood up instantly and snarled at Felan who was already notching another arrow.
"Make one move and I will fill you with so many arrows there will be nothing left of you. You would only look like a pincushion of arrows," she told Vardo in a cold and threatening voice. Vardo whimpered and run off into the safety of the trees disappearing into its shadows. "Cheer, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the werewolf," Felan told me lifting me off the ground.I opened my mouth to tell it it was okay but no sound came out. "It's okay," I finally managed to say but my words came out a whisper. "Cheer, Sin told me about you disappearing into that crater. What happened?" she asked me looking down hoping for an answer.
I looked at Felan confused. "What do you mean what happened? I fell into that pit before Sin could help me," I told her without blinking. "I mean after you fell idiot," she said playfully hitting me in the back of the head. "Oh! Well, I met Hades, my father, and he wanted me to stay with him. I declined and told him I wouldn't leave unless you, Sora, and the others died in my presence. Then I would return and stay," I told her. "You did what!" Felan gasped as the color drained from her face.
"What's wrong?" I asked starting to tremble already knowing her answer. "You don't make deals with your Godly parent like that. Cause then they will make it true so that you will spend time with them," she told me in a whisper that was barely audible. I looked at the ground feeling my very soul weaken. How could I make a deal without knowing the consequences. "Felan, do you think he will kill you all so that he will drag me back to the Otherworld?" I asked my voice shaking slightly.
Before she could respond, a bolt of black lightning struck a nearby tree. "I'll take that as a yes," I said to myself putting my hand on my side where my sheathe usually is, but felt the fabric of my clothes. "Felan," I started to saw when she tossed me my sheathe. I unsheathed the dagger within and held it so tight my knuckles were white. "Come out whoever you are!" I shouted my voice eerily calm. There was a loud explosion nearby before the sun darkened as black clouds drifted over it blocking the sun rays. "This doesn't feel right." Felan whispered lowering her bow. There was a flash of silver before a deep gash appeared on Felan's side. Blood stained her t-shirt and was steadily growing. "Felan!" I screamed. "Cheer! Get out of here! Don't let them get you!" Felan shouted at me her eyes wild with fear. Another flash of silver and a deep bloody X appeared on both her chest and back and she collapsed to the ground unable to breathe.
"Cheer, hurry!" she shouted at me weakly. Nodding weakly, I ran off for my dear life with her bow and quiver in my grasp. The dark clouds drifted away from the sun filling the Earth with its wonderful rays of light. I couldn't get Felan out of my mind. Felan standing there before the wounds appearing. Felan laying on the ground dying screaming at me to run. Felan thrusting her bow and quiver into my hands as another wound nearly split her in two.
How was I gonna tell Sora and the others of her death. I kept running with the little strength and courage I had left. I tripped a few time and got right back up and continued on my path. The only thing going through my mind was that Hades caused this pain, and that Hades will pay. My eyes seemed to blaze with fury as adrenaline pumped through my veins giving me the last of my courage to leap out of the forest and to the familiar area that was my home. "Sora! Sin! Res! Reck! Drear! Tam! Maple! Anybody! Help!" I screamed falling to the ground and laying there in complete pain. "Cheer!" came the scream of Maple.
I was lying on my face crying trying to hide my tears. "Cheer, what happened?" Maple asked me. "She's dead," was all I could say before the tears overwhelmed me. "Whose dead?" she asked softly. "Felan," I whispered crying. Maple staggered backwards, her hand clamped over her mouth. Nodding, I wiped the tears out of my eyes with a shaking hand. Maple was staring with glazed over eyes as if she went into shock. "Maple! Snap out of it," I told her resting my hands on her shoulders gently shaking her. “How could you just stand there and let Felan die! How could I have even trusted you!” she screeched at me batting me away. I took a step back eyes wide in shock at her sudden change in behavior. “It’s not my fault we were ambushed!” I screamed at her. Maple’s eyes seemed to flash red with anger as she stepped towards me. With her every step, I took a step back. “Maple, calm down,” I told her holding my hands up in surrender. “I don’t want to see your face near this area again or I will slit your throat while you sleep!” she screamed at me throwing a golf ball size fireball at me.
It hit me square in the chest and I was thrown into the air. I landed a few meters away and laid there weakly. I struggled to my feet panting from exhaustion. “Maple,” I started but she was already gone. Sighing, I turned and limped away. I had Felan’s bow and quiver across my back and my dagger sheathe on my left thigh. I must’ve limped for an hour nonstop cause I stood at the edge of the forest. I stood on the cliff edge and sighed. Without a second glance, I leaped off the cliff in a swan dive position.
The rocks below me be seemed to move as I dove into the awaiting water below. I felt the water rush into my ears and nose giving me an instant headache. Blood rushed to my brain making me nearly pass out.Out of breathe, I swam for the surface. I broke the surface of the water gasping for breath. My eyes were stinging from the salt in the sea. Looking around, I saw a nearby beach with a nearby cave. I started swimming toward shore with the last of my strength. When I made it to the shore, I had to drag myself onto it cause of my numbed bones.
“Hello?” I asked aloud my voice echoing throughout the air. Nearby, the trees rustled before calming. Snapping my fingers, I forced the air around my hand to warm before it burst into flames filling me with warmth. “Fe Fi Fo Fum! What beanstalk did you fall from?” asked a deep voice from the cave. I looked towards the cave as a large man walked out. He had a goatee and must’ve weighed 200 pounds. He was about 5’11 with blood red eyes.
“Who are you?” I asked calmly standing up straight quenching the flames around my hands. “I am Mewt. It means Death in Maltese,” the man told me walking towards me. “I’m Cheer and I want you off the island,” I told him unsheathing my dagger and holding it at the ready. “What do you mean by your island? Also, a simple dagger won't be able to help you,” Mewt said to me smirking. “It will long enough for me to restrain you,” I growled my blue eyes turning a pitch black.
“You have things to learn, Cheer,” Mewt told me raising a gun. I stared wide-eyed at the barrel of the gun which was aimed directly at my chest. “Fire the gun, cause you won’t get an answer from me,” I shouted running at him. The man fired off one shot which slammed directly into my chest. Blood shot from my chest from the wound which was over my heart. I screamed and fell to the ground my t-shirt stained with blood.
“You shot me,” I said weakly my voice fading. The man merely looked at me before firing off multiple shots. Something inside me semmed to snap as I rolled to the side narrowly avoiding his shots. "You won't be able to stop me! This is my island," the man said continuously firing at me.
I rolled to the side attempting to avoid each of his blasts, but continued being hit. "What's in those?" I asked shaking as I struggled to stand. "These bullets inside of these are infused with a unstable amount of mercury. If even one of these touches you, it explodes covering that area with a large amount of mercury. If you don't get an antidote, you only have about twenty minutes left," the man said smirking.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.
— Elias Root Beadle