z

Young Writers Society

What is your NaNo routine?

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:27 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Does anyone have a writing routine for NaNo this year? I've been regularly having to type right before I go to sleep, so my brain will sometimes still be whirling around with what will happen soon in the novel.

Mostly it's because I'm working during the day and I usually take the break between class periods to destress and nit get into writing. Once I'm home though, I basically try to mindlessly type on the couch even while the television is on.

Also, as a bonus question: when do you write the most/have the most inspiration to write?
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:10 pm
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

Idk if I'd call it a routine, but yeah, I've also been writing mostly in the evenings XD That's my most productive time in general, but the house is more likely to be quiet at that time as well, so it's easier to write in the evening/late at night. I also write a few words on my break at work if I'm working a 4-hour shift and have a break, which is a surprisingly good time for getting a couple hundred words out. The pressure of knowing that I have a very limited time to write is kind of freeing, honestly, so I don't stress about making things perfect, just getting the words down.
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

Remember, a stranger once told you that the breeze here is something worth writing poems about.
— Shinji Moon