View Likes
Carlito says...

NO BUNNY BUT YOU
*YA rom com
*Childhood friends to rivals to lovers
*Almost kisses πŸ‘€
*Gilmore Girls vibes + fall vibes
*Literally so many bunnies

We've been here before! I thought I was done! I had a brainwave and here I am writing yet another draft!

lol when i was searching through the archives for the other time roadtrip romance was my backup book, i discovered that bunny rom com was my 2021 AND 2022 nano project. she's changed so much & that's beautiful to me

GOALS:
*Finishing the new draft by the end of November!
*Which feels very do-able because I've also been working on this in October!
Last edited by Carlito on Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:12 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

And if I abandon ship........

Look... sometimes I panic and abandon ship during NaNo
because I'm a pantser
If that happens this NaNo, I'm going to keep fiddling away on the book I originally intended to be my main project for NaNo!!

ROADTRIP ROMANCE
*YA romance
*friends to lovers in 24 hours
*dual pov/dual timeline
*very fast, sort of illegal roadtrip
*only one bed

There are a lot of elements to this one that I'm keeping close. I also have a title that I'm VERY proud of that I'm also not going to share yet.
& shhhhh I still need to do a lot of research for this book....

also lol at the aesthetic difference between bunny rom com and roadtrip romance <3
Last edited by Carlito on Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:24 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Spoiler! :
Hi yes I have been summoned

1162 Reviews

Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:18 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

I didn't write quite as much as I intended in October, which is fine! I'm now in need of a true 50k NaNo if I'm going to finish this rewrite by the end of November. Not my intention, BUT I'VE SUCCESSFULLY HIT 50K EXACTLY ONE TIME BEFORE DURING NANO AND I CAN DO IT AGAIN.

I'm practicing hitting 1667 starting today (but these words don't count towards the actual NaNo goal.

NaNo Eve Eve: 1693/1667
lol i tried writing in the morning but really started at 10pm as per normal for nano
truly didn't think I'd get there today and almost stopped in the middle.
time for bed!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:48 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

NaNo Eve: I didn't actually write anything because I was too busy finishing all of my end of month work stuff and then passing out candy :)

I'm starting NaNo at 21,228 words!

Ask a Therapist!

1487 Reviews

1162 Reviews

Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:57 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

icy i have no choice but to write 50k now because that fat happy bunny is cheering for me😭

Day 1
Words today: 1673
Total NaNo words: 1673
Total manuscript words: 22,901

I wrote about 500 words this morning before I started working! And then wrote most of my words after 10pm like normal 😎
Some of my words today were recycled from the last draft. I think it was last nano when I was really neurotic about only counting NEW words in my nano totals and keeping track of recycled words. I honestly haven't been recycling that much this time around, and I don't have time to care about recycled vs new so THEY'RE ALL COUNTING.

Finished chapter 9 and started chapter 10!

for reference:
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[size=150][b][color=seagreen][small-caps]Day 1[/small-caps][/color][/b][/size]
[b]Words today:[/b]
[b]Total NaNo words:[/b]
[b]Total manuscript words:[/b]

Ask a Therapist!

1487 Reviews

Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:51 am
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

this was my plan all along

Well done for smashing that word count!

1162 Reviews

Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:40 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day 2
Words today: 42 ✌🏻
Total NaNo words: 1715
Total manuscript words: 22943

Super busy work day today, so I knew that it would be tough for me to hit the goal. Thursdays are usually my fullest work day, but I'm confident I can make up the difference over the weekend! (it's only 556 extra words per day fri - sun!)

I'M PROUD OF MY ONE PARAGRAPH!
even though i have let the fat happy bunny down. i'll make it up to you fat happy bunny, i promise!

Ask a Therapist!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:10 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Noooo be nice to the fat happy bunny!!!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1162 Reviews

Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:36 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day 3
Words today: 765
Total NaNo words: 2480
Total manuscript words: 23708

The first Nano weekend! (I count Friday as weekend because I usually don't work a full day). Will watching competitive figure skating or the siren call of Sims 4 destroy my hopes and dreams of a fruitful writing weekend? LET'S FIND OUT!
(i also just did the math and figured out that I *could* hit 30k by the end of the weekend which is very exciting)

I'm TIRED from this work week and didn't end up writing as much as I planned today. BUT TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY!

Also to hopefully prevent figure skating and sims 4 from derailing everything... I made myself the deal that 1000 words = either watching 1 skating event (like women's short program from one grand prix) OR 1 hour of sims.
There are... six skating events I want to watch this weekend.... so I need to write 4000 words pretty quickly lol

Ask a Therapist!

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:34 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Good luck!! Making those deals sounds like a pretty good plan (at least that tends to work for me when it comes to studying).
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

1162 Reviews

Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:09 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day 4
Words today: 2841
Total NaNo words: 5321
Total manuscript words: 26,549

Today I finally finished chapter 10 and started chapter 11! I'm just about one day behind now, and I *could've* made up the rest today but chose not to :)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:15 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day 5
Words today: 1701
Total NaNo words: 7022
Total manuscript words: 28,250

My goal today was 2000 words & my stretch goal was 3000 to totally catch up!

I finished chapter 11 and started chapter 12. Forgot to mention this yesterday, but I was able to recycle some chunks from the previous draft in the last couple of chapters which helped with that word count! Chapter 12 is all new! After chapter 12, I'll be halfway through act 2 which is also super exciting to me because I really like how I've shaped this act compared to the last draft and I'm eager to write the πŸ‘€midpointπŸ‘€
(I write in 4 acts instead of the usual 3. Instead of one big act 2, I break it into two acts and end act 2 at the midpoint, end act 3 at the dark night of the soul, and act 4 is the conclusion).

I had a lot of momentum in the morning (which I'm accepting is actually the best time of day for me to write). Lol less momentum in the evening. 1313 behind! (honestly not bad for me)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:26 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Day 6
Words today: 270
Total NaNo words: 7292
Total manuscript words: 28,520

I think I need to tweak this chapter a little, and I think I will pull in a tiny bit from a chapter from the last draft. This realization came to me while I was driving around today between clients and I just didn't quite have it in me to try this idea out after I got home! I also need to get up early in the morning so I can't stay up super late writing!

Ask a Therapist!

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta