Young Writers Society

NaNo 2023: NettieWIP 2, Electric Boogaloo

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:11 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

With her wife of 38 years dead and her lighthouse decommissioned, lighthouse keeper Nettie Harris wants to be left alone to grieve. Unfortunately, the residents of the lakeside village of Forster’s Landing are incapable of staying out of their neighbors’ business. Only Helen Godfrey—stiff-necked, straight-laced head of the village council and founder of the local historical society—treats Nettie as she always has, which is to say with disdain, irritation, and an utter disregard for Nettie's feelings.

When Helen is found dead at the foot of the lighthouse, Nettie feels like the last constant in her life has died, too—even if it was an insufferable constant like Helen. With her home a crime scene and the village police fumbling the investigation, Nettie takes charge of the case herself, soon becoming [embroiled] in a multitude of suspects, too many children, and a young detective who inexplicably seems to like her. But when a second body turns up—the Coast Guard ensign Nettie blames for both her wife’s death and the loss of her beloved lighthouse—Nettie becomes the prime suspect.

Goal: completed second draft
Planning goal: completed scene list
Note: may join my fellow 2023 debuts in NaNoSloMo, so as long as I have a completed second draft by the end of December, that's baller. but I may have something else to work on come mid-December, so finishing the whole thing in November would still be ideal.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:10 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

I may have something else to work on come mid-December

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

As always, excited for the new Blue book to drop <3
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:13 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Carlito wrote:
I may have something else to work on come mid-December

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

As always, excited for the new Blue book to drop <3

Cannot wait to officially share things <333

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)