z

Young Writers Society

Nano 2023: Rotes Dreicke (Red Triangles)

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:27 pm
View Likes
FireEyes says...

Deep in the Germany forests, a civilization of elves live secluded from the humans. The elf prince, Clay, is often bumming around the human's dump with his best friend, Koi, in order to steal unwanted materials to grow their civilization.

During a turbulent wartime for the humans, everything is a threat. So, when humans spot these eldritch horrors near a small village, they curse their ancestors for leaving them alive and are determined to eradicate them. Koi gets kidnapped, and it is up to Clay to save his best friend with alliances from an unsuspecting village boy.

Can Clay make it out with both his life and Koi's?
I won't go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends
I'm taking back the life you stole
Came a time when every star fall brought you to tears again

-My Chemical Romance

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:22 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Ooooh German forests!! This sounds so cool and atmospheric with so much room for really high stakes and lots of action! Wishing you the best this NaNo and I'm excited to see how this develops <3
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

185 Reviews

Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:06 pm
View Likes
FireEyes says...

November 1st

Today's word count: 1759

I got chapter 1 done and part way into chapter 2. I usually write relatively short chapters (between 1000-2000 words). I honestly don't know if the worldbuilding is shining through too well because I have a lot of unexplained lore stuff, but I think I'll fix it in another draft. I'm trying to keep the mindset of "Do words now, good comes later." Doing one day so far is giving me hope for the rest of the month. Gonna have a lot of word wars with @luxeterna in study hall xD

-My Chemical Romance

185 Reviews

Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:43 pm
View Likes
FireEyes says...

November 2nd-4th

Word count day 2: 1783
Word count day 3: 1373
Word count day 4: 1479

So day two was a hit, I got my goal before noon. I was really on a roll with description and just plain ol infodumping. All and all day two was a success. Day three, I didn't hit my word goal, but I still considered it a good writing day. I didn't consider today a very good day. I feel like crap. I was going to do around 2000 words to make up for the lack of yesterday's, but nah. I physically cannot write more without feeling shittier. I'll update if I write any more for today, but I'm stopping here. But hey, at least I wrote words.

-My Chemical Romance

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:51 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

You're still super close to the target!! I hope you feel better soon!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

185 Reviews

Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:26 am
View Likes
FireEyes says...

November 4th cont.

Toal word count: 2205

YAY I DID IT. I got over my word count goal today. I just really needed to do it in a couple of sittings. I feel so much better now. I had wanted to get to 2000 so I could catch up from yesterday's deficit and still have a 100 word overflow, but I doubled that overflow. So I got to chapter 3 today, and I'm at a great point for tomorrow to write a certain plot point that actually has some bearing on the plot. Gosh, this feels so much better to write after I got myself some of the things to make me feel better. Maybe I'll conquer day 5 like this too.

-My Chemical Romance

185 Reviews

Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:14 am
View Likes
FireEyes says...

November 5th

Word Count: 1303

I feel good. I got some nice character bonding with MC and his bestie. Chapter 3 is almost over at 2736 words. I'm still above my word count goals with 40842 words left. I find it better with how I'm feeling rn to write a chunk in the morning before I start cramping up, take a break in the afternoon and then write more in the evening either after my meds kick in or I take a shower. All in all, good day. My friend is working on more coding for my google sheets tracker so it is all nice and fancy ^_^

-My Chemical Romance

185 Reviews

Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:17 am
View Likes
FireEyes says...

November 6th-7th

Word Count Day 6: 1671
Word Count Day 7: 1728

Whew, yesterday was kind of a breeze with my writing. Nothing really to comment on there, I just wrote. But today I had trouble getting started at school. I got through it and left off at a big pinch point where I'll be super excited to write tomorrow morning. Just trying to set myself up for success :) I'm at 12.5k right now and I never thought I'd be able to get that far in a single week. I'm at five chapters so far and I'm just happy that my characters get to live in this way.

-My Chemical Romance

185 Reviews

Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:27 am
View Likes
FireEyes says...

yeah i got sick and i gave up whoops. still working on the story tho

-My Chemical Romance

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:18 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Its ok to take a break every now and then during NaNo (honestly, I take too many myself) - it can get overwhelming sometimes. I hope you feel better soon and can get back to your project! Take care! <33
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde