z

Young Writers Society

What are you excited about for this year's NaNo?

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:17 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

I put a couple of questions last year for NaNo in this forum so I wanted to continue getting some posts again this year!

My question is what is making you excited or happy this year?

If I posted this yesterday, I myself would have answered that my new idea was making me excited to already get started with writing for NaNo!

However, I have recently gotten the idea that I could work on a second draft of my last year's NaNo which I had really liked, so now I'm excited about that!

Let me know what you think! :-)
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:56 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

I've never done NaNo before because I joined a few weeks after it ended, so I'm just excited to see what it's all about! Plus I have some fun writing ideas for it, too, which I'm looking forward to sharing with y'all :)

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:27 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

I'm excited to get back into the swing of writing prose, and particularly spending time with the angst in this story xD and also all the tense/ mysterious dialogue exchange scenes which I like writing even if they are ill-timed in the draft or never actually build up to anything.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:38 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Excited to try something new! I am pretty relaxed with my output goals - like if I managed to write like a chapter or get like a few paragraphs into this project I'd be pretty proud of myself and if I surprise myself and write a bunch that's awesome too.

Also excited to potentially have a good reason to put in some research to things I'm actually very interested in but haven't had time to dig into.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:32 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

This is my first NaNo, and I have not been writing novels in a while, so I am really excited to hopefully get back to writing. I really hope I will have time. Writing stories in general makes me really excited.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

And on the pedestal these words appear:/'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;/Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'/Nothing beside remains.
— Percy Bysshe Shelley