View Likes
Messenger says...

DAY TWENTY-ONE STATS

4185 (27760) words
16 days straight writing!!
2 chapters with actual dialogue and slight plot movement
1 half day until Thanksgiving road trip

#nanobites

"Reggie, you talk as if something terrible may be upon your doorstep on our return. If it is as you say, we must break away to the High Seat."
"If it is as bad as I say I will not leave my family." Reggie turned to Wain. "I will need someone to go in my stead. Someone I trust. I am giving you this one time to step out of this. If you wish, we are only hours away from the ferry that can take you to your family and farm. You can continue as you were."
Wain bit his lip. "I would like to do that."
Reggie's heart sank. It was fair, he thought, that Wain should be mindful of his own family first, but still, he had hoped for that companionship.
"I understand. Your family has its own future to look toward and with winter co-"
"No, you misunderstand me." Wain's hands were expressive, as they often were when he got excitable. "I would like to go home because my home is a place of peace. Yes, Mother is in a mood as she gets before winter preparations, but our lands are stable, no pun intended," but he still let out a slight chuckle. "What friend would I be to go to my home in peace when my cousin cannot?"
"Then you're with me?" Reggie asked, hopeful but still trying to refrain himself.
"Til the sun shines on a Bow House free from strife or tyranny."

You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot stop Spring from coming.
— Pablo Neruda