z

Young Writers Society

Ellie's Nano 2023: "I made it, Z."

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:14 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Yep, it is November 12th and I decided to start nano. I probably won't get to the full word count, but I am feeling really inspired to start writing a story that I have been thinking about for... honestly a couple of years. I have actually attempted to write this novel at least 2 times and have quit pretty quickly because it is a really hard topic.

My story is titled (might change as I write): I made it, Z.

Z is short for Zara, the name of one of the characters in the story. As for now, my idea is the story will change between journal entries by the main character, as well as third-person scenes from the past, as well as some entries from other characters. Some chapters will be uniquely made up of hospital records and nurses' notes as well.

This story is not my story but is heavily (at times) based on things I have experienced. The characters are all based on real people too. Personal details have been changed. This is not a telling of my life though, it is just inspired by the hard things I have endured.

Here is a little excerpt:

"So here I am. This is not just my story, but it is Zara's. It's Mahlet's. It's my father's story too. It's the story of every defeated warrior I was blessed to know. Every one of them fought as hard as they could for as long as they could. This is the story of my friends who made it through, as well as those who didn't. I do not have the words to accurately explain the pain I have felt, endured, and continue to remember every single day. What I do have is a desire to share and not hide anymore. I have been playing a game of hide and seek with younger me for so long. But writing this, well, it makes me feel like I am getting closer to finding her again."
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:21 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Here is a link to my full nano page if anyone wants to be buddies!

https://nanowrimo.org/participants/aila ... -made-it-z
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:43 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Yep, it is November 12th and I decided to start nano.

Impeccable NaNo energy.

I hope your writing is going well! <3
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

News is not a game show. You don't win a car if you happen to be right.
— John Oliver