z

Young Writers Society

A little boy is born into the land of Moglia

Reviews: 0
Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 am
jased1 says...

A little boy is born into the land of Moglia. After his birth his parents wrapped him in a blanket and left him in the middle of the woods. He was out there in cold winter day sleeping happily.

Meanwhile somewhere near the beginning of the woods King Jared and Queen Jane are going for there morning ride in the woods. Queen Jane whistles to the birds and they whistle back in chorus as some honey bees buzz past, while King Jared talks to some elves that happen to be going for a stroll at the same time. The elves go off to the path on the right and follow it, and then Jared and Jane where alone to talk to each other. “This is a lovely day” Said King Jared to his wife Queen Jane she agreed and they kept walking. Then the king and queen found a baby boy wrapped in a blanket in the middle of a clearing. They picked the baby up. “I think this baby was left here for someone to find and I don’t think his parents are coming back” said Queen Jane. So they turned around and took the child back to Magic Castle with them. When they got there they brought him to Taurus the Priestess of their Kingdom and she said “Are you going to adopt him. The King and Queen made up their minds and finally said yes to Taurus. Then they brought him to their castle and got a room made up for him they had to get a maid to look after him until he was at the right age to go to school. They made his birthday the same day as they found him which was on January 1st which is the start of the New Year. They named this boy Ethan and from that day he was known as Prince Ethan. Ethan grew up and when he was 3 years old he met a girl the same age as him. Her name was Princess Nicole of Tiger Castle. Tiger Castle got its name because a tiger lives underneath the castle.

Ethan had had just had his first birthday and invited Nicole to his birthday party. At his party Ethan made a wish when he blew out the candles on his cake. When he got up the next morning he went down to breakfast in the dining hall and he got a surprise when he saw his father. His father had a long beard just like the one he wished his dad to get the day before at his birthday party.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed May 27, 2009 11:00 am
afeefah says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS! So, i saw your post and though,'ok, this looks interesting..' so i read it!the plot is very good and it makes me wonder about Ethan, whether he has magic powers or something the way his wish was granted; that had me intrigued. let me tell you before i start reviewing it though i really enjoyed this so don't feel downcast about my nitpicking below. :D

one of the main things that slowed the flow of this story down was that it was a bit 'then this happened, then this happened,' it didn't really link together.

A little boy is born into the land of Moglia. After his birth his parents wrapped him in a blanket and left him in the middle of the woods. He was out there in cold winter day sleeping happily.

I think there should put be bit of explanation here. why did they leave him in the middle of the woods?

going for there morning ride in the woods.

'There' should be 'their'

Queen Jane whistles to the birds and they whistle back in chorus as some honey bees buzz past, while King Jared talks to some elves that happen to be going for a stroll at the same time.

Can the queen talk to birds or something? this is a bit unclear. elves? is thisa afairy kingdom? maybe you should put a touch of explanation here.

Jared and Jane where alone to talk to each other.

'Where' is meant to be 'were'

“This is a lovely day” Said King Jared to his wife Queen Jane she agreed and they kept walking.

use something else instead of 'to describe how there feeling maybe how they said Example put something like '"This is a lovely day," said King Jared witha sigh, listening to the chirruping birds.' im sure you can think of something better though. :)

there ae just little mistakes like that nothing a quick proofread wont change. you just need to change your sentence structures and make your story flow a lttle better and this could be an amazing story! Please PM me when you post more! if you have any questions about my comments or anything else Pm me!

Afeefah :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:34 am
liadonwriter92 says...

I liked it. It is interesting, kind of reminds me of the movie Liar, Liar when a kid wishes something for his birthday and his wish is granted. The only thing that bugged me was the vagueness with the ending. Does Ethan know he was adopted or is the man with the beard the king? Other then me being confused, it was really good and I can't wait to read more.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:38 am
Eliza:) says...

After his birth his parents wrapped him in a blanket and left him in the middle of the woods.

There should be a comma after birth.

He was out there in cold winter day sleeping happily.

This sentence is awkward to read. Try rearranging it.

Meanwhile somewhere near the beginning of the woods King Jared and Queen Jane are going for there morning ride in the woods.

There should be a comma after meanwhile and woods.

then Jared and Jane where alone to talk to each other.

Where should be were.

“This is a lovely day” Said King Jared

Said shouldn't be capitalized.

to his wife Queen Jane she agreed and they kept walking.

There should be a period after Jane.

When they got there they brought him to Taurus the Priestess of their Kingdom and she said

There should be a comma after there, Taurus, Priestess, Kingdom, and she.

“Are you going to adopt him.

There should be a question mark instead of a period.

Then they brought him to their castle and got a room made up for him they had to get a maid to look after him until he was at the right age to go to school.

There should be a period after the second him.

They made his birthday the same day as they found him which was on January 1st which is the start of the New Year.

There should be a comma after him and 1st.

At his party Ethan made a wish when he blew out the candles on his cake.

There should be a comma after party.

When he got up the next morning he went down to breakfast in the dining hall and he got a surprise when he saw his father.

There should be a comma after morning and hall

:arrow: Paragraphs The second paragraph is long. It would be easier to read the story if it was seperated into two or three paragraphs.

:arrow: Commas Make sure you have commas in the right places. There were many places that needed a comma, but there wasn't one. Mythic Writing has a great article on commas. http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic19162.html

:arrow: Then Throughout your story, you used then when it wasn't needed. If a sentence makes sense without then, then don't use then.

:arrow: Details You rarely described the setting and the characters in your story. If you add a little more detail, the story would be improved.

:arrow: Overall Overall, your story is good. Just make sure you place the commas in the right place and put some detail in, and it will be great.
There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
-Ernest Hemingway

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner