z

Young Writers Society

the lonely road (Memory Lane) part 2

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 pm
jamesMarcus says...

Yes, i really should have listened to Alexandra.
Alexandra was my best friend since the third grade. She was bossy, annoying, arrogant and had a huge ego...basically she was a girl (no offence to the female species). Above all that she was my best friend, she always looked out for me, put up with my obnoxious attitude and was pretty cool. Yeah that is why were friends.
One thing i hate about her is that shes' always right. I hate it when she gets a chance to say "I told you so Jamey!". This time she was only half right. My walking towards that lonely road was neither wrong nor right. I'm still confused so maybe this is you'r decision.
The cold wind swiped my hair out of my eyes. I really wanted to know what that small figure was. If it turned out to be a rabbit then i just wasted a lot of my time as well as adrenaline. As i took a step closer i thought the wind whispered something. It actually made an odd sound as if it said "welcccommeee...Jamessssss".
At this point some one in his senses would turn back and run away. I would have done the same but the only difference was that i was neither in my senses and there was a force of attraction present. I really wanted to know what lay ahead.
I took a few more steps ahead and the gravel crunched under my feat. I wanted to stop and look back if Alexandra had traveled up the clear road. I was going to look back but i stopped for another reason. I wanted to hear if the wind spoke to me again and it did. Just as i was going to comprehend the words i felt dizzy and everything went pitch black.
When i regained my consciousness i found my self on the ground and i was wearing an old fashioned suit, my hair was brushed back in a proper manner. I looked as if i belonged to the 18 century.
"Jamey! Are you alright?!". Suddenly i saw a beautiful girl running towards me in an old fashioned gown with her hair tied up. She looked frightened.
I had to reply before she thought that i had lost my memory or had i?
"Yes...i am alright...how are you? Ummm...who are you?" i replied.
"James i think i should take you home now. Do even know where you are?" she asked.
"No. I don't. Who are you? Are you my wife? You look very familiar. Why was i on the ground? Can you please tell me so it can jog my memory" I panicked.
She looked a bit afraid and blushed at my question when i asked her if she was my wife. That was a good sign for me!
" ...Alright. I'm Alexandra. No! i am not your wife i am your childhood friend maybe that is why i look familiar. You hit you'r head on that branch of the old tree and fell on the ground. Now do you remember?" she said.
"Yeah...maybe. I know you. I know that road as well" I pointed towards the lonely road which looked no different.
"Of course you do. That was where we were going. We were trying to remember when we used to play there when we were young!" she replied.
I looked at her and her voice got fainter, her appearance got fainter and yet her beauty was radiant. I wanted her to come back but the image before my eyes got pitch black.
"James! James! Come on dude! wake up!" she shouted.
"Alexandra...what happened?" i asked.
"Oh thank god!You scared me!" she replied and hit my arm.
" Sorry...come on lets hurry and walk in our memory lane..." i said
"What?! what memory lane? what are you talking about? are you ok?" she was panicking as usual.
" Come on i'll show you." i said.
I got up and took her hand. She looked confused but i knew she soon would understand as we get to the entrance of the lane.
I looked at her in a flirty way.
" By the way, you look dashing in a dress" i smirked.
She blushed and got even more confused. She was so confused that she didn't even notice that we were holding hands. We hadn't held hands since the fifth grade. I was relaxed because i knew what this all meant. We were destined to visit this place as our ancestors visited this lane at our particular age. I remember when Alexandra told me how she had got her name from her descendants and i remember how my name was also passed from generations. Those were my ancestors in my past. Alexandra and i were destined to meet and walk our memory lane.
" Hey James look! isn't that your old bike!and my old hat!" she exclaimed.
"Yeah i know. This is the entrance remember Alexandra?" i asked her.
"I know this place. Look there we are...playing" she said slowly.
There was a little dark brown hair boy with brown eyes just like mine and with him was a little chestnut brown hair girl with green eyes. They had a faint image and they waved at us and we watched them play.
Alexandra smiled at herself.
We reached the end of the memory lane and our destiny was complete. We walked hand in hand out of 'our' memory lane.

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:42 pm
bellajackson says...

Its confusing because I haven't read part 1, but it's still very well written!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting! :) I like the chracter, and you have the same name as him!!!
Bella:)

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:07 pm
jamesMarcus says...

hahhahaha yes that character is me
and thank you i appreciate that!
go ahead and read the first part search it in my posts.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:08 am
HarpoMarx says...

Yes, I really should have listened to Alexandra.

Alexandra was my best friend since the third grade. She was bossy, annoying, arrogant and had a huge ego...basically she was a girl (no offence to the female species). Above all that she was my best friend, she always looked out for me, put up with my obnoxious attitude and was pretty cool. Yeah that is why were friends.

One thing I hate about her is that shes' always right. I hate it when she gets a chance to say, "I told you so Jamey!". This time she was only half right. My walking towards that lonely road was neither wrong nor right. I'm still confused so maybe this is you're decision.

The cold wind swiped my hair out of my eyes. I really wanted to know what that small figure was. If it turned out to be a rabbit then I just wasted a lot of my time as well as adrenaline. As I took a step closer I thought the wind whispered something. It actually made an odd sound as if it said, "Welcccommeee...Jamessssss".

At this point some one in his senses would turn back and run away. I would have done the same but the only difference was that I was neither in my senses and there was a force of attraction present. I really wanted to know what lay ahead.

I took a few more steps ahead and the gravel crunched under my feat. I wanted to stop and look back if Alexandra had traveled up the clear road. I was going to look back but I stopped for another reason. I wanted to hear if the wind spoke to me again and it did. Just as I was going to comprehend the words I felt dizzy and everything went pitch black.

When I regained my consciousness I found my self on the ground and I was wearing an old fashioned suit, my hair was brushed back in a proper manner. I looked as if I belonged to the 18 century.

"Jamey! Are you alright?!" Suddenly I saw a beautiful girl running towards me in an old fashioned gown with her hair tied up. She looked frightened.

I had to reply before she thought that I had lost my memory or had I?

"Yes...I am alright...How are you? Ummm...Who are you?" Ireplied.

"James i think i should take you home now. Do even know where you are?" She asked.

"No. I don't. Who are you? Are you my wife? You look very familiar. Why was I on the ground? Can you please tell me so it can jog my memory," I panicked.

She looked a bit afraid and blushed at my question when I asked her if she was my wife. That was a good sign for me!

" ...Alright. I'm Alexandra. No! I am not your wife i am your childhood friend maybe that is why I look familiar. You hit you're head on that branch of the old tree and fell on the ground. Now do you remember?" She said.

"Yeah...maybe. I know you. I know that road as well," I pointed towards the lonely road which looked no different.

"Of course you do. That was where we were going. We were trying to remember when we used to play there when we were young!" She replied.

I looked at her and her voice got fainter, her appearance got fainter and yet her beauty was radiant. I wanted her to come back but the image before my eyes got pitch black.

"James! James! Come on dude! Wake up!" she shouted.

"Alexandra...What happened?" I asked.

"Oh thank god!You scared me!" She replied and hit my arm.

" Sorry...come on lets hurry and walk in our memory lane..." I said

"What?! What memory lane? What are you talking about? Are you ok?" She was panicking as usual.

" Come on I'll show you," i said.

I got up and took her hand. She looked confused but I knew she soon would understand as we get to the entrance of the lane.

I looked at her in a flirty way.

"By the way, you look dashing in a dress," I smirked.

She blushed and got even more confused. She was so confused that she didn't even notice that we were holding hands. We hadn't held hands since the fifth grade. I was relaxed because I knew what this all meant. We were destined to visit this place as our ancestors visited this lane at our particular age. I remember when Alexandra told me how she had got her name from her descendants and i remember how my name was also passed from generations. Those were my ancestors in my past. Alexandra and i were destined to meet and walk our memory lane.

" Hey James look! Isn't that your old bike!And my old hat!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah i know. This is the entrance remember Alexandra?" i asked her.

"I know this place. Look there we are...playing" she said slowly.

There was a little dark brown hair boy with brown eyes just like mine and with him was a little chestnut brown hair girl with green eyes. They had a faint image and they waved at us and we watched them play.

Alexandra smiled at herself.

We reached the end of the memory lane and our destiny was complete. We walked hand in hand out of 'our' memory lane.

GOOD WORK! I'm a bit confused by some bits but otherwise good job!

Perfect kindness acts without thinking of kindness.
— Lao Tse