z

Young Writers Society

literary critique

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:40 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Ok, so my teacher wants us to do a literary Critique. And it is due in two days but she didn't give us enough notes to know how to. It has to be on humorus charactors. Can someone please explain this type of paper to me!!
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 pm
ennui says...

humorous (as defined by Webster)

Using a standard five-paragraph essay as your outline, create an introduction that highlights the features of humor. Create your next three paragraphs by using examples of literary characters that display such traits of humor. Complete your essay with an enlightening conclusion.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:38 pm
Emerson says...

That sounds like a really poor way for your teacher to ask for a literary essay... Everything I'm doing is more specific (A theme in "book" about this character, for explain).

Try finding some books that you like with funny characters, (literary ones, if possible) and use them to cite your ideas. Are humorous characters used to lighten the mood? Or is it important to the plot? Does it help bring in other readers, or turn them off? Why might an author use a humorous characters? Are there some traits shared among the characters you chose?
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
— Martin Luther King Jr.