z

Young Writers Society

Peer Edit

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:42 am
JustKoi says...

Yea.. I lie a lot in this essay. I'm not good with commas and punctuation so i was wondering if anyone can edit it for me?

English 102 Final Writing Assignment
English 102 is unquestionably one of the most beneficial classes I have taken here at WSU. It had showed me the principles of punctuation, grammar, and the importance of peer editing. Also I believe that because of this course I will be able to excel in many of my classes that I would be taking a Washington State University.
At first I did not believe that this class would be useful but turned out that it has helped me a satisfying amount. This class gave me a chance to show my writing without being embarrassed on what I have written. From this I have received many great critiques which helped me an enormous amount in my writing throughout the semester. Before I took this course I would turn in my paper without anyone reading it, but now I make sure at least one person reads my paper before I turn it in. This has helped me catch many small mistakes because of the feedback I have gotten in the past.
Furthermore this course has helped me with grammar and punctuations. For instance I used to look over the sheets that I have received from class frequently, but now I no longer need to. Even though we went though the material a bit fast we had a sheet that we can go over at anytime, I though this was very useful.
Overall I had a great time in this learning environment. The small group made it comfortable for me to work in. Also I believe because of the small group we gave each other a significant amount of feedback to each other. In conclusion English 102 was a very helpful class!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:17 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Well it's not exactly what I'd call an essay but here's some corrections and improvements you could make -

It [s]had showed[/s] has shown me the principles of punctuation, grammar, and the importance of peer editing.

Also I believe that because of this course I will be able to excel in many of my classes that I [s]would[/s] will be taking a Washington State University.

At first I did not believe that this class would be useful but turned out that it has helped me a satisfying amount. [This part sounds negative. I'd change it to - 'This course has been more helpful than I previously expected and I am very grateful for the opportunity to improve my writing skills.']

This class gave me a chance to show my writing without being embarrassed [s]on[/s] of what I have written.

Before I took this course I would turn in my paper without anyone reading it, but now I make sure at least one person reads my paper before I turn it in. [This could be re-phrased. Perhaps - 'Prior to taking this course, I turned my paper in as soon as it was written but now I get at least one other person's opinion first.']

This has helped me catch many small mistakes because of the feedback I have gotten in the past. [Again, re-phrase it. Maybe 'This feedback has helped vastly in that other people have noticed little mistakes that I did not.']

Furthermore this course has helped me with grammar and punctuation[s]s[/s].

Even though we went through the material a bit fast. we had a sheet that we can go over at anytime, which I [s]though this was[/s] found very useful.

Overall I had a great time in this learning environment. The small group made it comfortable for me to work in. [Maybe run these two sentences together - 'Overall, I had a great time in this learning environment and the small group made me feel more comfortable.']

Also I believe because of the small group we gave each other a significant amount of feedback to each other. [This line is just repetition and unnecessary so I'd delete it.]

Other than that, I think it could be expanded but it's not bad, mostly minor mistakes. Hope this helps,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
— Aristotle