z

Young Writers Society

Peer Edit

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:42 am
JustKoi says...

Yea.. I lie a lot in this essay. I'm not good with commas and punctuation so i was wondering if anyone can edit it for me?

English 102 Final Writing Assignment
English 102 is unquestionably one of the most beneficial classes I have taken here at WSU. It had showed me the principles of punctuation, grammar, and the importance of peer editing. Also I believe that because of this course I will be able to excel in many of my classes that I would be taking a Washington State University.
At first I did not believe that this class would be useful but turned out that it has helped me a satisfying amount. This class gave me a chance to show my writing without being embarrassed on what I have written. From this I have received many great critiques which helped me an enormous amount in my writing throughout the semester. Before I took this course I would turn in my paper without anyone reading it, but now I make sure at least one person reads my paper before I turn it in. This has helped me catch many small mistakes because of the feedback I have gotten in the past.
Furthermore this course has helped me with grammar and punctuations. For instance I used to look over the sheets that I have received from class frequently, but now I no longer need to. Even though we went though the material a bit fast we had a sheet that we can go over at anytime, I though this was very useful.
Overall I had a great time in this learning environment. The small group made it comfortable for me to work in. Also I believe because of the small group we gave each other a significant amount of feedback to each other. In conclusion English 102 was a very helpful class!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:17 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Well it's not exactly what I'd call an essay but here's some corrections and improvements you could make -

It [s]had showed[/s] has shown me the principles of punctuation, grammar, and the importance of peer editing.

Also I believe that because of this course I will be able to excel in many of my classes that I [s]would[/s] will be taking a Washington State University.

At first I did not believe that this class would be useful but turned out that it has helped me a satisfying amount. [This part sounds negative. I'd change it to - 'This course has been more helpful than I previously expected and I am very grateful for the opportunity to improve my writing skills.']

This class gave me a chance to show my writing without being embarrassed [s]on[/s] of what I have written.

Before I took this course I would turn in my paper without anyone reading it, but now I make sure at least one person reads my paper before I turn it in. [This could be re-phrased. Perhaps - 'Prior to taking this course, I turned my paper in as soon as it was written but now I get at least one other person's opinion first.']

This has helped me catch many small mistakes because of the feedback I have gotten in the past. [Again, re-phrase it. Maybe 'This feedback has helped vastly in that other people have noticed little mistakes that I did not.']

Furthermore this course has helped me with grammar and punctuation[s]s[/s].

Even though we went through the material a bit fast. we had a sheet that we can go over at anytime, which I [s]though this was[/s] found very useful.

Overall I had a great time in this learning environment. The small group made it comfortable for me to work in. [Maybe run these two sentences together - 'Overall, I had a great time in this learning environment and the small group made me feel more comfortable.']

Also I believe because of the small group we gave each other a significant amount of feedback to each other. [This line is just repetition and unnecessary so I'd delete it.]

Other than that, I think it could be expanded but it's not bad, mostly minor mistakes. Hope this helps,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown