z

Young Writers Society

RE Homework please help!!

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:13 pm
Kuhinoor says...

Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone can give me a simple explanation for what genetic engineering is about, i have to talk about my own views and the all the stupid Internet dictionaries give complex and very long definitions! so, I'd really appreciate the posts and I'll take a look at the results.
That you for your help!

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:18 pm
Gladius says...

Basically, Kuhinoor, it's the manipulation of genes, whether to cure cancer, slice two species of tree or rose together, or create hybrids of two animals or clones of a specific one.

At least, that's the broadest definition I can give. :? It's something I want to do for my major, so I should know this stuff! :smt005
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:25 am
Snoink says...

Yep, she's right. ^_^

It also is pretty awesome. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:10 pm
beautyandthefish says...

Genetic Engineering is basically a broad range of options dealing with the DNA.
For example, one branch of genetic engineering bases itself on stem cells, and making "model babies". This is a highly controversial subject.
Cloning is another branch.
Just about anything to do with manipulating genes, for good or...evil ;]
Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!

okay I think I need to grab some nachos
— BluesClues