z

Young Writers Society

Catastrophic Events

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:18 pm
View Likes
LunaBuna43 says...

My teacher dropped this huge thing on my shoulders and no matter how hard I try I can't figure it out! I've tried looking for something everywhere but to no avail! Can someone help me??

I've got to find a recent (Like this month recent) and write about it...ugh! The writing part is covered but I still can't find one!

Meep! Help!
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:26 pm
Lynlyn says...

The San Francisco Gate (go figure) likes to print up their most interesting stories in a special section of their website, found here. Most of these would make interesting story starters, for sure!
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:54 pm
View Likes
scotty.knows says...

How about the devastating flooding that's taking place in the mid-western United States right now? There all kinds of news stories out there right now.

Try this one.

And this one.

This is just one example of a catastrophic event. Try using Google's news feature and look up words like "catastrophic", "disaster", "earthquake", "mudslide", "flood", "terrorist attack", or whatever floats your boat. You know?

There are all kinds of catastrophic events going on all the time. Good luck.
'Merikuh!

“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind