z

Young Writers Society

Algebra 1 help!! Please Help! Due Tomorrow!!

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:09 pm
View Likes
Tabithalillian says...

Ok I have no clue what I am doing, my teacher just assigned the work with out teaching the right stuff so i am so confused!! So please please I need help!! badly! here are pictures of all the home work I need help with.

Living in a tower

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:11 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

Ah, sweet, math I know how to do. ^_~

IS A SET CLOSED UNDER (X) OPERATION OR NOT?

Take operation: (Z, •) [this is math notation for "The set of all integers under multiplication"--you won't need to know this notation for your class.]

Try a few examples:

-1 • 2

0•3

1•2

Are all of the answers a member of Z (all integers)?

WHAT'S IDENTITY?

The identity element of any operational system is the element that, by the operation and a member of that set, equals that member of the set.

Take division--1.

8÷1 = 8
101 ÷ 1 = 101

1 is the identity element.

INVERSES:

With fractions, this is the "opposite", or reciprocal, of a number. This can be called the multiplicative inverse.

1/2 • 2/1 = 1

3/4 • 4/3 = 1

With multiplication, any number times its inverse will equal one.

I won't give you the other properties; those are easy to just look up online. ^_~
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:20 am
Cade says...

Is it a sad thing that I'm in AP Calculus and I don't know how to do half this stuff?

To be fair, I know the properties, but as Sam said, those are easy to teach to yourself via the internet.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:11 pm
JosephDean says...

Cade wrote:Is it a sad thing that I'm in AP Calculus and I don't know how to do half this stuff?

To be fair, I know the properties, but as Sam said, those are easy to teach to yourself via the internet.

I'm the exact same way. I passed AP Calculus and decided to go back and take PreCal this year (taking Cal again next semester since we never even got to integrals the first time *disappointed face*), and I don't even know what the first section on the first picture even means. :oops:

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:35 am
View Likes
powerofthree says...

that's easy, I did that stuff in 8th grade. Sorry I think it's late though.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

Powerful men have a way of avoiding consequences.
— Dr. Harrison Wells, The Flash