z

Young Writers Society

Mishima

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:45 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

Is anyone else familiar with Mishima Yukio? He wrote The Temple of the Golden Pavilion amongst many other works. Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters is a wonderful film on him as well. I recommend everyone take a look at this guy's work and his life in general if you're serious about being a writer.

Discuss his works, politics, your opinions, whatever if you like.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:57 pm
writerwithacause says...

I've read Spring Snow and Sound of Waves. They're masterpieces, although I must admit I lack background on his artistic view and life, I might've understood his books better if I researched before.

His style is soft. The words just flow naturally, and he rathers says a lot with few words, which I've always preferred in a novel. I strongly suggest you the books I've mentioned above. :)

I prefer him over Kawabata. Out of three books I've read by Kawabata, I only enjoyed The Old Capital.
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss