z

Young Writers Society

Title, anyone?

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:25 pm
Stori says...

I am not sure if this should be posted here, but...

what does the title "Cat and Run" suggest to you?

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:36 pm
Tigersprite says...

Three things: 1) A Tom and Jerry -esque comedy, 2) A jewel thief being pursued by cops and, 3) A timid person who's always running away from their problems.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:37 pm
Andie says...

It reminds me of someone seeing a cat and litteraly running, it reminds me of a HIT and run, it also reminds me of someone being katty (sp?) as in mean.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
David Herbert Lawrence

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:15 pm
armstronge says...

Cat and run? Sounds like a person is like a cat and runs away when troubles or enemies come. Like someone who is afraid and timid. And it does sort of sound like a Tom and Jerry episode :D.
“To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world”

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:04 pm
lilymoore says...

It sounds like something that may have more to do with something that might have to do with the context of the story. Like a pair of really dirty thieves that have a secret, well used trick to rob anything...the Cat and Run.
But that's me over thinking things again.

Either way, it strikes me as a mystery/cop story.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:10 am
SirenCymbaline says...

Depends on the book. If it's fantasy, probably not. If it's science fiction, possibly. Modern, maybe.

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale