our contempt for each other was so great,
that the devils in hell could not bear our hate,
and that is why, on that fateful day,
porktober* 8th was the date

in which our fate was revealed
the clash of sword and shield
until one was left standing,
in the lonely battle field

I did a horrible job of imitating annabel Lee, eh?
*=references to The Kingdom of Loahting

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:33 am
Goldenheart says...

Wow!

I've never heard Annabel Lee imitated in such a way. I recognised it right off. Very creative! I enjoyed the rhythm especially, the way the lines rhymed, etc. I loved the title you gave her, 'The naughty sorceress.' The complete reversal of the ideas from the old poetry to the new made me laugh.

Bravo! Well done!
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:03 pm
greenwitch94 says...

oh bravo, bravo!!1
it was very, very good!!!! :)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:42 am
OphelieLiv says...

Haha I thoroughly enjoyed that as a Kingdom of Loathing player. It had a sense of iambic pentameter, which I'm not sure whether I'm imagining. But either way, I really loved your take of the Lee "classic" (if you will) and you must keep writing!

...Porktober.. -giggles-
"And where you like the unimaginable pain approach to enemies, I prefer the "Tarred and feathered" approach." ~ Tim

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:44 pm
Celticmusicgirl says...

ok this was great I have to admit. You are very clever and creative with this. I like that in a person epsecially one who writes. As far as errors maybe you could split some of the phrases into sentences just to make it easier to read. Really there were no errors here at all that I could catch. Overall Excellent Job! I really like this. I really can't say anymore than that. You may PM me if you have any questions or comments or if you just want to talk. I'm open for anything.
Maith adh,
Celticmusicgirl
"No life is forever. We found and fought here. We loved and died here... The crops whither and the bones of hunger walk the sunken roads... The land has failed us... In dance and song we gift and mourn our children. They carry us over the ocean in dance and song.
-American Wake by Riverdance

“If lightning is the anger of the gods, then the gods are concerned mostly about trees.”
— Lao Tzu