z

Young Writers Society

Arya's light or Elvish light

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:09 am
EstelPax says...

Darkness is your spirit, moonlight is your beauty.
Your story lies in the shadows. My fate is to live with this passion.
Still I long for release, for you and I. Arya my moonlit darkness you are my soul stay with us.
A Moon beam I can never have.
I want more.
I still long, for what can never be.
Be an elusive moon beam against my radiant sapphire.
A light in a dark filled world.
Arya a radiant light I want but can never have.
I've surrendered to this passion. I love you Arya Svit Kona even when you don’t want it.
Green eyes against my distant brown. A princess against my commoner. Arya Svit Kona light in my darkness. You can and have set me free.
Hope for Peace

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:48 pm
Alainna says...

I like your use of metaphors, it makes the piece very gripping and effective.

To Improve-
Maybe try re-arranging the piece to make it flow better as the part about the eyes could have been towards the beginning.

Great work.
Your name buddy,
Alainna XXXXXXXXXXX
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

67 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:38 pm
EstelPax says...

Thanks, Name buddy.
Alanna
Hope for Peace

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:00 am
Twit says...

Very pretty, even though I don't like Eragon.

You could break this up better...I think...some of the lines are a bit too short while others are too long...don't ask me how to remedy this, as I havn't the foggiest.
Oh, I don't know, maybe its alright as it is.

Your vocabulary is very effective...

Alanna wrote:Darkness is your spirit, moonlight is your beauty.

And...

Alanna wrote:A Moon beam I can never have.
I want more.
I still long, for what can never be.
Be an elusive moon beam against my radiant sapphire.

Those bits were very well writ, thinks me.

-ShadowTwit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

67 Reviews

Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:56 pm
EstelPax says...

Thank You!!
Hope for Peace

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:21 am
Celticmusicgirl says...

Ok so this has gotten me more into the Eragon books. This was a very beautiful piece it flowed almost like poetry or something. I loved it. You should write more things like this. This has alot fo potential. You seem to be a very talented writer. I thankyou very much for posting this. You have made my day. If you have any questions or comments about this review or just want to chat please feel free to PM me. Keep Writing.
Maith adh,
Celticmusicgirl
"No life is forever. We found and fought here. We loved and died here... The crops whither and the bones of hunger walk the sunken roads... The land has failed us... In dance and song we gift and mourn our children. They carry us over the ocean in dance and song.
-American Wake by Riverdance

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:33 pm
the doctor says...

I love your reference to Eragon. The fact that he is even mentioned here - awesome. And I love Arya. The whole entire story is pretty magical. Remove the periods, because it looks like a song, and songs generally don't have them. Maybe you can expand on this too. It's a little bit short. And remember that huge poem that Eragon had to recite in that festival in the elven city (was it called Farthen Dur?)? It was way longer than yours :P

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:34 pm
SuicideCrusader says...

I wonder what Arya would say to that poem! Although I am not into poetry. I must admit the art of it is very intersting. It is an art to admire.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:29 am
Error404 says...

Kvetha Fricai! (Greetings, friend!) Its Error404 here, ready to review. :)
First of all, you deserve a high-five! I'm glad to see some Eragon fan fiction on YWS being a major fan of the series myself. Although I really despised the way Paolini forced Eragon to continue pursuing Ayra, I enjoyed reading this poem... Is it a poem? Personally, I don't think it should be categorised as a short story- maybe a poem or song? Ugh, it's hard for me to put a finger on it.

You've examined the two characters relationship well- I wouldn't be surprised if Eragon actually did write this to Ayra! (I wonder what Ayra would think of this... ;)) To be honest, I believe it flows well and you've achieved at painting a picture in the reader's mind through your use of metaphors. Gripping, tense and passionate; that's how I would describe this piece.

Well done! I like it, but it could use a little something more. A bit more colour... sparkle, if you will? Perhaps you could try expanding on it? It's on the right track, it just needs a little kick to get the motor running.
Good work and keep writing,
~Error404

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:32 pm
View Likes
jessig833 says...

First off I Love Eragon im so glad that somebody decided to post something about it well i guess i'll start my reveiw. so its a poem it shouldn't be placed as a short story it she be in in the poem section it colud be very misleading .so think this was a very good poem it should be reworded a bit to help it flow togather better but other than that it was a really good poem I hope to see more of your work check out some of my work some time if you can..see you soon********Jessig833********

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost