z

Young Writers Society

Twilight

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:56 am
Essence of BloodLust says...

Today was the day.
I could feel all of the anxiety that had been building over the past few weeks bearing down on me. My lungs seemed to be devoid of air. I stood; staring into the full body mirror looking at a person I didn’t recognize but could get used to in time. My dress was beautiful and trailed on the floor behind me as I paced the room with my hand on my clammy forehead. Alice had spent nearly an hour pinning my hair atop my head and doing my makeup but it was all going to waste now as I sweat nervously and my hair began to slip out of place.
A soft knock at the door interrupted my nervous pacing as I answered with a slightly breathless “ come in.”
My father walked in, dressed in his only suit, his hair combed, and beaming. This surprised me. Ever since I told him, my father hadn’t been pleased to say the least but now, to see him grin as he took in my formal figure was unexpected.
Pleasant yes, but unexpected.
“ You look beautiful, Bells.” He said, the emotion thick in his voice.
“ Thank you.” I whispered as the tears welled in his eyes.
Between Charlie and me, there had never been a lot of sharing of emotion and now to see him cry made moisture brim in my own eyes.
“ Dad, what’s wrong?” I said.
“ I’m sorry, Bella.” He said shaking his head. “ I’m happy for you and Edward but it’s just hard to see my little girl grown up and starting a family of her own.”
And I could tell that it was. In his eyes I was still little Bella who had colored him pictures of them playing together, the same little Bella who was so determined to do stuff on her own, she’d break her arm trying to get a ball out of a tree. And to him I would always be that little girl.
“Dad,” I whispered closing the distance between us and hugging him.
He returned the embrace and after a minute, pulled himself together again and looked at his watch.
“ It looks like it’s time. You ready, honey?” he said offering me his arm.
I took a deep breath, checking myself in the mirror before taking his arm and letting him lead me on to where my future waited.

As I began to walk down the aisle, led by my father, my eyes skimmed the room. Angela, Ben, Jessica, and Mike all sat together, turning around to smile at me. Next were my mom and Phil, sitting up front next to Carlisle and Esme who were all beaming at me as I made my way, surprisingly without falling. My mom, though, was crying. Man, two in one day. I was on a role. Moving on, I looked up at the people surrounding the altar. To one side stood Alice and Rosalie, a last minute act of kindness on my part, and to the other stood Jasper and Emmett, both grinning. Finally, saving the best for last, I looked at my love. He stood staring at me with such intensity that my step faltered, running my perfect entrance. The look of utter happiness took my breath away and made my heart feel as If it would pound out of my chest. He was so beautiful in his black tuxedo, that even after all this time; it still felt like a dream. One from which I never wanted to wake.
When we finally reached him, my father, with hands shaking, handed me off, speaking his words of consent. Edward took me hand in his as the priest began to speak his lines. I didn’t look anywhere else; I had eyes only for Edward whose eyes were sparkling as he looked down at me, smiling my crooked smile.
“ How’s your foot?” he asked, so low only I could hear.
I rolled my eyes. “ As good as can be expected in these suicidal shoes. Alice has a fetish for shoes that put your life at risk, doesn’t she?”
He chuckled under his breath. “ I suppose so.”
We both exchanged our vows, which resulted in me crying, to my great embarrassment, and then we took turns placing our rings on one another. They were a vintage pair Edward had found somewhere and no matter how much I complained he refused to tell me how much they were and insisted on wearing them. And after much of his illegal persuasion, I gave in.
“ I now pronounce you husband and wife,” the priest announced, smiling at us. “You may kiss your bride.”
Edward leaned closer to me, placing his cool hand against my check and then, in front of my parents, his parents, and everyone we kissed. It was the most exhilarating moment of my life as his lips crushed mine and he kissed me, my husband, with such tenderness that the tears welled in my eyes once again.
“ I love you, Bella Cullen.” He whispered, pulling away from me and looking down into my tear filled eyes with his butterscotch ones.
“ I love you, Edward Cullen. Always and Forever.”

Alice had been right.

It shouldn’t surprise me by now but it did. The reception was absolutely breathtaking and despite all my worrying, it looked as if Alice had known what she was talking about when she said it would be just what I needed. As I set next to Edward his hand in mine, I’d never felt more like I belonged there. We were now joined together because he was mine and I was his forever and all eternity. He smiled at me encouragingly and stood up, leading us, I realized to late, to the dance floor.
“Um, Edward, must we do this?” I asked, trying to drag my feet as much as possible.
“ It is tradition.” He said, picking me up slightly and half carrying me until we stood in the middle of the floor. I began to panic.
“ Calm down, love. We’ve done this before remember?”
He picked me up and slipped his feet under mine so that I was standing on his shoes. Everyone clapped a second before the music started. Edward had been the one to pick out the song and I hadn’t heard it yet so when the soft rhythm began to play, I listened more closely. It was hard to concentrate, being so close to Edward, but somehow I managed to hear the words of the song.
Dear my love, haven't you
wanted to be with me
and dear my love, haven't
you longed to be free…
We're leaving here tonight
There's no need to tell anyone
They'd only hold us down
So by the morning light
We'll be half way to anywhere
Where love is more than just your name…

I felt tears begin to burn in my eyes as the emotion of the words struck me. Edward was singing along with the words, his voice a soothing counterpart even in contrast to the woman singing.
I have dreamt of a place for you and I
No one knows who we are there
All I want is to give my
life only to you
I've dreamt so long I
cannot dream anymore
Let's run away, I'll take you there…
Forget this life
Come with me
Don't look back you're safe now
Unlock your heart
Drop your guard
No one's left to stop you now.

I held tight to him as we were gliding across the floor, tears pouring down my face as he gently kissed each one away.
“ Thank you, Edward.” I finally choked out, kissing his neck.
He kissed away another tear, stroking the side of my face with care.
“ Anything for you, my love.”

Note: Credit of Lyrics goes to Evanescence and their song Anywhere.
Last edited by Essence of BloodLust on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your smile is like a cheap imatation of heaven,
(Ah, the joys of similies)

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:37 am
BellaLuna says...

Beautiful story! I loved it. :)

I rolled my eyes. “ As good as can be expected in these suicidal shoes. Alice has a fetish for shoes that put your life at risk, doesn’t she?”

Hahaha. Loved that part.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:22 am
Livinginfantasy says...

That... Was... Brilliant!

You captured Bella and Edward, and your writing style did fit Stephenie's quite nicely.

Fav Parts!

And...

wanted to be with me
you longed to be free…
They'd only hold us down
So by the morning light
I felt tears begin to burn in my eyes as the emotion of the words struck me. Edward was singing along with the words, his voice a soothing counterpart even in contrast to the woman singing.
All I want is to give my
life only to you
I've dreamt so long I
cannot dream anymore
Forget this life
Come with me
Unlock your heart
Drop your guard
I held tight to him as we were gliding across the floor, tears pouring down my face as he gently kissed each one away.

Bravo! Just one thing though, review your grammar, 'kay! :D
Last edited by Livinginfantasy on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:10 pm
writ3rindisguis3 says...

Awesome job! I love to read people's ideas on how Edward's and Bella's wedding might be. This is one of my more favorite works!

Watch your grammar in places.

Totally loved these lines!

I like the song you picked for this. Beautiful words.

Keep writing!

Becca

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:46 pm
Antares says...

Really good. I liked it.

I found it strange how at the beginning your dialogue wasn't correct but then it was at the end.

A soft knock at the door interrupted my nervous pacing as I answered with a slightly breathless[,] “come in.”

“You look beautiful, Bells[,][h]e said, the emotion thick in his voice.

...And so forth.

The only part I'm not really sure of is Bella's dad. He seems to sway between emotions throughout a short space of time. Happy, sad, protective. Perhaps you could try to narrow it down a little and keep it a little more believable. Also, Bella tends to call him 'Charlie' more than father or dad.

As I [s]set[/s] sat next to Edward his hand in mine...

Finally, I love how you have managed to keep Edward and Bella in character. Edward's humour is the best. Well done with that.

That's all from me, good luck with future stories!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:35 am
Essence of BloodLust says...

Antares wrote:Really good. I liked it.

I found it strange how at the beginning your dialogue wasn't correct but then it was at the end.

A soft knock at the door interrupted my nervous pacing as I answered with a slightly breathless[,] “come in.”

“You look beautiful, Bells[,][h]e said, the emotion thick in his voice.

...And so forth.

The only part I'm not really sure of is Bella's dad. He seems to sway between emotions throughout a short space of time. Happy, sad, protective. Perhaps you could try to narrow it down a little and keep it a little more believable. Also, Bella tends to call him 'Charlie' more than father or dad.

As I [s]set[/s] sat next to Edward his hand in mine...

Finally, I love how you have managed to keep Edward and Bella in character. Edward's humour is the best. Well done with that.

That's all from me, good luck with future stories!

Thank you and i understand what you mean about her father and with her calling him dad, i just felt like it fit better and would be right in the emotional moment it was. Thank you for your honesty!
Your smile is like a cheap imatation of heaven,
(Ah, the joys of similies)

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:46 am
dianis97 says...

That was amazing!, you captured the characters really well, it really make me feel like if i was reading Stephenie's writing!
nice job, I've got nothing bad to say about this, it was brilliant
I love Edward's sense of humor and the part of the shoes was awsome! ;)
an awsome piece of writing! and the song was just perfect ;) I loved it
"It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, despite everything, that people are truly good at heart" Anne Frank.

Diana!

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:17 am
Scorpia says...

Beautiful story! I Love Twilight, the cance was sweet. You did the characters well, sometimes people just mangle the characters until they are...really weird lol.
Good job. I sometimes don't like fics with songs mentioned in them, I fiond it irrataiting. This was okay, even though I do not reconize the song, lol. :)

I love your avater by the way. Mine just sits there and does not move, lol.
Scorpia
Feel the urge to give some constructive criticism? Why not give it to these stories?

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1298113/Scorpia710

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:54 am
Celticmusicgirl says...

Wow I liked this alot. It is really good. I do have a question/suggestion though. When she is at the altar with Edward and she has tears welling up in her eyes wouldn't Jasper use his mood control thing to make her stop crying? it just seems like that's what he'd do. Just a suggestion though it is alright like it is just a thought however. Overall this was totally brillant! Keep writing. Oh another friendly suggestion you should watch grammar. We all have our problems with grammar so don't feel bad. It helps when others help us by pointign out things we missed.
"No life is forever. We found and fought here. We loved and died here... The crops whither and the bones of hunger walk the sunken roads... The land has failed us... In dance and song we gift and mourn our children. They carry us over the ocean in dance and song.
-American Wake by Riverdance

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:54 pm
View Likes
AceWolf says...

wanted to be with me
you longed to be free…
They'd only hold us down
So by the morning light
All I want is to give my
life only to you
I've dreamt so long I
cannot dream anymore
Forget this life
Come with me
Unlock your heart
Drop your guard

Just a few grammar mistakes, but they are ok.

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:23 am
hockeyfan87 says...

Essence of BloodLust wrote:Today was the day.
I could feel all of the anxiety that had been building over the past few weekscomma bearing down on me. My lungs seemed to be devoid of air. I stood; staring into the full body mirror looking at a person I didn’t recognizecomma but could get used to in time. My dress was beautiful and trailed on the floor behind me as I paced the room with my hand on my clammy forehead. Alice had spent nearly an hour pinning my hair atop my head and doing my makeupcomma but it was all going to waste now as I sweat nervously and my hair began to slip out of place.
A soft knock at the door interrupted my nervous pacing as I answered with a slightly breathlesscomma[color=#FF0000]capital C[/color]come in.”
My father walked in, dressed in his only suit, his hair combed, and beaming. This surprised me. Ever since I told him, my father hadn’t been pleased to say the least but now, to see him grin as he took in my formal figure was unexpected.
Pleasant yes, but unexpected.
“ You look beautiful, Bells.comma not period” He said, the emotion thick in his voice.
“ Thank you.comma not period” I whisperedcomma as the tears welled in his eyes.
Between Charlie and me, there had never been a lot of sharing of emotion and now to see him cry made moisture brim in my own eyes.
“ Dad, what’s wrong?” I saidI asked?.
“ I’m sorry, Bella.comma not period” He said shaking his head. “ I’m happy for you and Edwardcomma but it’s just hard to see my little girl grown up and starting a family of her own.”
And I could tell that it was. In his eyes I was still little Bellacomma who had colored him pictures of them playing together, the same little Bella who was so determined to do stuff on her own, she’d break her arm trying to get a ball out of a tree. And to himcomma I would always be that little girl.
“Dad,” I whispered closing the distance between us and hugging him.
He returned the embrace and after a minute, pulled himself together again and looked at his watch.
“ It looks like it’s time. You ready, honey?” he said commaoffering me his arm.
I took a deep breath, checking myself in the mirror before taking his arm and letting him lead me oncomma to where my future waited.

As I began to walk down the aisle, led by my father, my eyes skimmed the room. Angela, Ben, Jessica, and Mike all sat together, turning around to smile at me. Next were my mom and Phil, sitting up front next to Carlisle and Esme who were all beaming at me as I made my way, surprisingly without falling. My mom, though, was crying. Man, two in one day. I was on a role. Moving on, I looked up at the people surrounding the altar. To one side stood Alice and Rosalie, a last minute act of kindness on my part, and to the other stood Jasper and Emmett, both grinning. Finally, saving the best for last, I looked at my love. He stood staring at me with such intensity that my step faltered, running my perfect entrance. The look of utter happiness took my breath away and made my heart feel as If it would pound out of my chest. He was so beautiful in his black tuxedo, that even after all this time; it still felt like a dream. One from whichcomma I never wanted to wake.
When we finally reached him, my father, with hands shaking, handed me off, speaking his words of consent. Edward took me hand in his as the priest began to speak his lines. I didn’t look anywhere else; I had eyes only for Edward whose eyes were sparkling as he looked down at me, smiling my crooked smile.
We both exchanged our vows, which resulted in me crying, to my great embarrassment, and then we took turns placing our rings on one another. They were a vintage pair Edward had found somewhere and no matter how much I complainedcomma he refused to tell me how much they were and insisted on wearing them. And after much of his illegal persuasion, I gave in.
“ I now pronounce you husband and wife,” the priest announced, smiling at us. “You may kiss your bride.”
Edward leaned closer to me, placing his cool hand against my check and then, in front of my parents, his parents, and everyone we kissed. It was the most exhilarating moment of my life as his lips crushed mine and he kissed me, my husband, with such tenderness that the tears welled in my eyes once again.
“ I love you, Bella Cullen.” He whispered, pulling away from me and looking down into my tear filled eyes with his butterscotch ones.
“ I love you, Edward Cullen. Always and Forever.”

Alice had been right.

It shouldn’t surprise me by now but it did. The reception was absolutely breathtaking and comma despite all my worrying, it looked as if Alice had known what she was talking about when she said it would be just what I needed. As I set next to Edward his hand in mine, I’d never felt more like I belonged there. We were now joined together because he was mine and I was his forever and all eternity. He smiled at me encouragingly and stood up, leading us, I realized to late, to the dance floor.
“Um, Edward, must we do this?” I asked, trying to drag my feet as much as possible.
“ It is tradition.comma not period” He said, picking me up slightly and half carrying me until we stood in the middle of the floor. I began to panic.
“ Calm down, love. We’ve done this before remember?”
He picked me up and slipped his feet under mine so that I was standing on his shoes. Everyone clapped a second before the music started. Edward had been the one to pick out the song and I hadn’t heard it yet so when the soft rhythm began to play, I listened more closely. It was hard to concentrate, being so close to Edward, but somehow I managed to hear the words of the song.
wanted to be with me
you longed to be free…
They'd only hold us down
So by the morning light

All I want is to give my
life only to you
I've dreamt so long I
cannot dream anymore
Forget this life
Come with me
Unlock your heart
Drop your guard

Note: Credit of Lyrics goes to Evanescence and their song Anywhere.

I liked this story, however I think it followed the books wedding too much. Way too much, I kept waiting for the twist something to make it different but it just didn't come. I'm not complaining just pointing out. I don't know if you wanted it that way.
Jenn
when you grow up you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair and isnt wearing a black cape and easy to spot Lots of Love Jenn

This is a house of homes, a sacred place, by human passion made divinely sweet.
— Alfred Joyce Kilmer