z

Young Writers Society

Would you read Veronica Mars?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat May 01, 2010 9:43 pm
jemjive says...

I know this really isn't what this forum is for but I am really wondering. Has anyone ever heard of the TV show Veronica Mars? What happened is it was cancelled so it never really did have an ending. I am working out an ending but it isn't going so well. If there are no fans that would read it I am think I will stop. Afterall, it is called fan-fiction isn't it? Hahaha. Also, if there are fans out there any suggestions. Should she end up with Duncan, Logan, Piz, or even Leo? I'm thinking Duncan but others may oppose.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sat May 01, 2010 10:28 pm
MysticalBlood says...

well... I watch it occasionally but I don't know how it ends. But all my friends watch it and have the DVD sets so I could get them to read your fan fiction. :) I'll try and watch Veronica Mars more. :elephant:
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon May 03, 2010 10:15 pm
Luvzi12 says...

jemjive wrote:I know this really isn't what this forum is for but I am really wondering. Has anyone ever heard of the TV show Veronica Mars? What happened is it was cancelled so it never really did have an ending. I am working out an ending but it isn't going so well. If there are no fans that would read it I am think I will stop. Afterall, it is called fan-fiction isn't it? Hahaha. Also, if there are fans out there any suggestions. Should she end up with Duncan, Logan, Piz, or even Leo? I'm thinking Duncan but others may oppose.

Yes, I'm afraid it was cancelled, and before it's time too, hence all the unanswered questions at the end of the last series. They were considering a movie, but it fell through. When the series came to E4 in the UK and got some more attention the movie was once again reviewed and Kristen Bell (who plays Veronica Mars) says that she is eager to do the movie. Now we just have to wait to see if the movie will get picked up. If you google 'Veronica Mars petition' you may find a petition for the movie that you can sign, although people say those don't really work, it did work for a few shows, even if they were also short-lived, namely Joss Whedon's programmes, Tru Calling and Dollhouse, both of which were picked up for another series because of fan demand.

Sorry for the long and rambling reply but I'm a huge fan of Veronica Mars too so I thought I'd give you all the info I have :)

I honestly think she should end up with Logan because I always loved him, but Duncan would be a great second choice as long as you could find someone suitable for Logan to get with, because I wouldn't want him to end up alone! Also, forget about Piz, he was an awful character imo and killing him off would be the best option I think haha! Sorry if I;m being harsh!

One final thing, I'm writing a Veronica Mars fan fiction story too! :) Good luck with yours! Hopefully when I find a suitable twist for mine I can finish writing it hehe!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:36 pm
Zibbie says...

i LOVE veronica mars, and i think this sounds like a good idea. But definitely not logan, unless you can find a way to make him seem like less of a jerk. Wasn't Duncan still in mexico with Meg's baby when it ended?
Good luck writing, and PM me if you ever do come up with something.

jemjive wrote:Should she end up with Duncan, Logan, Piz, or even Leo?

maybe Duncan if he comes back from mexico. Not Leo. And does anyone even remember who Piz is?
:)
Zib
"His poetry was terrible. It sounds like he ate a dictionary and started vomiting up words at random."

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:54 am
Tatra says...

I stopped watching Veronica Mars during the second season as it just started getting on my nerves. I liked her when she was the outcast and not suddenly the it girl. But, I think that if you want to write fanfiction, you should go ahead and read it. I get what you say about reviews, but there are still some fics that I've written just because I wanted to write it. :D

I know that it's seen as 'the pit' but you might want to try posting your fic at fanfiction.net to get it read. You will not get the quality of reviews that you get on this site (for this site is awesome and more for critques), but you will get people to read the fic and there seems to be a strong fanbase on the site.

Beyond this, you probably could still post it to YWS, even if people aren't in the Veronica Mars fandom. One, you'll still get awesome reviews, even if you might get people who don't understand certain things, and two, you could convert them to the fandom. :D There have been some shows that I never would have watched without fanfiction.
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson