z

Young Writers Society

Geek o' Gaming: Part Two

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue May 04, 2010 5:40 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

It's been a while since I submitted the first "Geek o' Gaming". I got writers block, and when I could write again I had forgotten about it. However here I am with the next part.

How fun, get ready, for you are not prepared!
Unless you are....

Geek o' Gaming: Part Two.

Her eyes opened quite slowly. Her head ached at it was extremely sensitive to light for whatever reason. However, this was no ordinary headache, this was a migraine. She would have gasped if moving didn't make her head hurt more. Her arms were duct taped to the back of the chair, and her ankles together.

The room was dark, it was clear that this was a basement. Standing in front of her was a sixteen-year-old boy with red hair, and horrible acne. He wore a black shirt with a blue shield crest in the middle, golden lettering above it read; “Alliance.” A scowl formed on her face, her attention turned down to the duct tape, it wasn't much. She tried to pull her wrists free to no avail.

“Duct tape is surprisingly effective, but you wouldn't know about that would you? You're nothing but a savage!” His voice didn't crack, he seemed proud about it. To ruin his joyful moment she spit on his worn down sneakers. “You're nothing but an alliance scum! You're all racist, judgmental, and you wear your underwear a size too small!” He gasped, she had hit a tender spot.

On the wall, she hadn't noticed this earlier, but she did now, a large great-axe was on the wall. If he could actually lift it, she would be in a fair amount of trouble. He turned around and grabbed it up off of the wall. For a moment he had a good swinging posture. This didn't last and it eventually fell to the ground, there was a loud snap of what she assumed were bones. He screamed in pain.

“Did you just dislocate your shoulder?” As tears streamed down his face he nodded. “You're a dick, let me go.” Releasing his grip on the axe he held his shoulder with his other hand. However this only appeared to hurt him more. “Why should I? You killed me!”

That moment she remembered who he was. Three weeks ago she had been playing an Orc Rogue(she'd rather be called an Orc Ninja), a Night Elf druid had been in the same area as her, this druid was willing to partake in player versus player combat, so Amelia took the chance and back-stabbed the druid. A slight smirk spread across her lips at the memory.

“Wow, all of this over a little death? Come on, you've got to be kidding me. Get the tape off of me and let's settle this like adults.” What she should have said was; “Come on, baby, let me go, I'll kick your ass” however it came out very wrong, it sounded almost mature. For a minute he considered this, then he nodded. As he moved to release Amelia a female voice rang clear through the ceiling; “Tommie, come take the garbage out.”

His shoulders dropped, “Mooooommm, I'm with my female friend, the one that's the opposite gender. Leave me alone.”

“TAKE THE GARBAGE OUT NOW OR I'LL TURN OFF THE INTERNET!” Amelia scowled. “Do you hate your son or not?!” There was a moment of dramatic silence. “Alright, when your friend leaves I want you to wash the dog too.” He sighed very dramatically. “Alright mommy, now be quiet!” A slight smile spread across his lips. “Okay Tommie, be good, use protection.”

A look of disgust formed on her face. “You told her that we were....YOU'RE SICK!” After taking a few steps towards her he undid the duct tape. Amelia stood up and grabbed the heavy axe from the floor, she dropped it before she managed to dislocate her shoulder as well.

“I challenge you to an unarmed duel.”
Last edited by TalaPaulwic on Wed May 05, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed May 05, 2010 4:49 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Hey Skye, it's me. (Bet you never would've guessed).

Slowly, her eyes opened. Her head ached, each time her heart would beat it would send a surge of pain through it. She strongly wanted to rub her head, but she found her arms were duct taped to the back of a wooden chair. Her legs were duct taped together and to the chair as well.

Gotta love duct tape... I'd change the first bit though.

Slowly, her eyes opened. Her head ached, and each time her heart would beat it would send a surge of pain through it.

Standing in front of her was a sixteen-year-old boy with read hair, and horrible acne.

Read hair? I didn't know that was a color.

“Duct tape is surprisingly effective, but you wouldn't know about that would you? You're nothing but a savage” His voice didn't crack, he seemed proud about it.

Missing period!

“Duct tape is surprisingly effective, but you wouldn't know about that would you? You're nothing but a savage.” His voice didn't crack, he seemed proud about it.

He turned around and grabbed it up off of the wall, at first he had a good swinging posture, then it fell down, there was a snap.

I wouldn't make that all one sentence. Chop it up.

He turned around and grabbed it up off of the wall. At first he had a good swinging posture, but then it fell down. There was a snap.

“Wow, all of this over a little death, come on, get the tape off of me and lets settle this like adults.”

Missing apostrophe!

“Wow, all of this over a little death, come on, get the tape off of me and let's settle this like adults.”

That's all I found! ;)

Happy YWsing!

~Gsp
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed May 05, 2010 4:57 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Strong the force is in you, Grammar Nazi. *edits*
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson