z

Young Writers Society

Assassins Creed- Lucy

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:30 am
MysticalBlood says...

This is my little introduction i wrote at school today. I'm going to write some more, and i hope you like it. :) Please review it, it'd help me a lot.

1942 … WORLD WAR II… BARNSLEY…

Waking up in the middle of the day to find that my whole house has been demolished was never a fantasy of mine. A cruel and thoughtless destruction, the German’s had completely ruined my home, my life, my survival. The garden which had once been crowded by roses and tulips was now a mass devastation. Flower beds covered in shrapnel, ground uplifted and bricks everywhere. I no longer had a bedroom, just a pile of bricks and feathers, shredded dresses and a smashed mirror.
One thing had pleased me; my family and I were not inside the house when it happened. We were outside, lying on the soft grass just outside our garden, staring at the stars.
What puzzled me the most was, why did the German’s drop a bomb in our neighbourhood? We were safely tucked away in the green countryside, doing no harm…
My mum hadn’t shed a tear and my little sister, Annie, simply held her blanket and wept. My cheeks were dry. I couldn’t do anything, and if I tried, I’d be making a fool of myself anyway. Complete and utter fool…
Father was at war; doing everything he could to put a stop to this madness. A mad event which should never have happened: triggered because of one selfish man. Every time I thought of father, my heart yearned for his presence; to hug me and to sing softly to me… telling me everything will be OK, just like it used to be.
But it won’t be, it definitely won’t be. Not when we’ve nowhere left to go… no one to help…

‘Lucy, come on!’ Mum yelled, beckoning me forward. Her eyes were blood red and filled with buckets of sad tears. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a tight pony tail, and she wore a blouse and skirt… the exact same clothes she had worn whilst the house had been bombed: her only clothes.
I stared at the horse and carriage, doubting my instinct to go with her, but something deep inside told me I should. Wherever she was taking me, it would be OK.
Feeling my stomach clench, I lifted my skirt and climbed up onto the carriage, sitting down and staring straight ahead down the wide country road. Annie was staying with one of my mother’s good friends. She’d offered to care for her whilst my mother and I go away… but go where?!
The question was the only thing I could think of through the entire journey, along the bumpy roads, across the busy ones, grass and eventually, beside a river.
‘Are we there?’ I asked mother, who started to climb out of the carriage and began walking across the huge green field.
‘Yes Lucy, come along.’
Mother didn’t look at me. In fact, she hadn’t looked at me the whole time we’d been on the carriage; she’d fidgeted, a lot…
The walk across the wet grass soaked my socks, and made my feet feel numb with the cold. I felt scared, but safe in my mother’s hands. The field went on for more than twenty metres, and at the end of the field was a small cottage.
Roses and beautiful flowers bordered the garden, and a small wooden gate opened and closed in the blowing wind. It was hypnotic, and creepy.
The cottage itself looked sweet, like something out of a fairy tale. Its windows were clear, and through them, you could see the curtains pulled back, and a vase containing an ornate flower collection.
The entrance to the cottage was average, a wooden door with a strange symbol carved just above the letter hole, a curved triangle, with a lip-shaped line beneath it.
‘Who lives there?’ I questioned mother, and she came to a stop, just in front of the gate.
She turned, faced me and stared into my eyes. I suddenly felt very small… very weak…
‘Welcome to the creed.’
Last edited by MysticalBlood on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:17 am
AngerManagement says...

Hey Mystical Blood.

I liked this story and I found it quite hard to find a fault with this as it was so beautifully described. I particularly liked the end where it seems like they're just going to some old aunts house only to find out its a 'creed'. The mystery at the end and the cliffhanger was beautifully inspired.

I like your MC, it seems like you've created her with much thought. I think you should definitely keep writing because I would love to read more.

Anger :D
Dont tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Anton Chekov

556 Reviews

Reviews: 556
Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:32 am
ziggiefred says...

Hello there :)

I will firstly start with the parts which I thought needed some correcting

Waking up in the middle of the day to find that my whole house has been demolished was never a fantasy of mine.

Cruel and thoughtless, this part is just hanging, you could say This was cruel and thoughtless, instead

Flower beds were covered in shrapnel,

What puzzled me the most was, why the German’s dropped a bomb in our neighbourhood.

Every time I thought of him(who are you referring to here, the selfish man or your father? Make it clear.), my heart yearned for his presence;

telling me everything will be okay, just like it used to be.

This story has potential. I think you told it well though your grammar still needs some work, it's not entirely bad. You were able to portray the mood well and some of you descriptive tools were very good. Just try to watch out for your tenses, you confuse them a lot.

Keep writing ;)
The best is what you make it!

...eh, need a review? Click me!

109 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:56 am
MysticalBlood says...

Thanks for the review, it helps a lot. and i know, i really have trouble with tenses. thanks!
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:59 pm
nenc123 says...

This was incredible by my opinion, since I played Assassins Creed 1 & 2. You described everything very good, but I suggest you widen everything a bit. Maybe slow things because right now it's like "OK the house is ruined so let's go pay a visit to my assassin friends shall we,". Explain things. Why Lucy's mother decides to take her to assassins and so on. But besides that it was great. Continue developing the story and I'll be happy to read it. :D :D :D
Neven... wonder how you pronounce it

109 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:43 pm
MysticalBlood says...

yeah, i know... this is only a bit of it, i think i'll write more... when i can that is. :)

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica