z

Young Writers Society

Christmas with the Cullens part 2

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:00 am
Celticmusicgirl says...

A few days later, Alice hands me a Celtic gown that has a brown and white long sleeved top and a long, red plaid skirt.
"Here Alanna. Put this on. The Denalis will be here soon. And Padraic, put this on."
Alice throws Padraic a traditional style kilt. We both do as we are told and put on the clothes Alice wants us to wear. Alice takes me upstairs and gently pulls back my waist-length, red hair into a single braid. After that, we come down stairs just as Tanya's coven arrives. Padraic and I stand there at the base of the stairs with Esme between us. She puts one of her arms around each of us gently as the others go outside to greet the Denalis.
"You two nervous?"
"Absolutely." I say with a short laugh. Padraic just shrugs. He never was the type to flat out admit his feelings like that.
"Just relax. You'll be just fine," Esme reassures us with a gentle squeeze around the shoulders as the other Cullens rejoin us along with the Denali coven.
As Jasper walks through the door, he looks in our direction and a sense of calmness, relaxation and happiness swirls around me. I automatically realize Jasper is trying to keep me calm and surrender to his mood control. With a grateful smile, I nodd at him. He smiles back approvingly. Carlisle introduces Padraic and I to each member of the Denali coven.
"Alanna, Padraic, this is Tanya," he said gesturing to a tall, strawberry blonde haired female vampire with amber eyes.
"I'm glad to meet you Alanna. And you too Padraic. Carlisle has told me a lot about you two."
"I've heard alot about you too Miss Denali," Padraic replies politely.
"Please, just call me Tanya."
"Alright, Tanya."
Next, Carlisle introduced the two of us to the rest of the coven. There was Eleazar with dark brown hair, Irina with long black hair, Kate with long blonde hair, and Carmen with brown hair all tall with amber eyes. Padraic and I sit down on the couch with some hot cocoa prepared for us by Esme, myself between Alice and Jasper and Padraic between Emmett and Jasper as the two of us and the Denalis get to know each other.
"Carlisle, how do you manage to keep up with these two? Surely it must be difficult having to care for humans in your own home, let alone two."
"That's not too hard the others keep these two company and we just provide what they need otherwise. They are not very picky. They will eat almost anything you give them." Carlisle smiles at the two of us.
"How would one of you like to come stay with my family?"
Attachments
scottish dress.png
Bridgid's dress
scottish dress.png (191 KiB) Viewed 207 times
Last edited by Celticmusicgirl on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"No life is forever. We found and fought here. We loved and died here... The crops whither and the bones of hunger walk the sunken roads... The land has failed us... In dance and song we gift and mourn our children. They carry us over the ocean in dance and song.
-American Wake by Riverdance

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:45 am
BubbleGirl says...

Heya, Celtic!
Power to the kilted ones! (I'm so sorry. I couldn't resist.)
Well, things are pretty interesting so far, and I still can't help but find myself distrusting Tanya and her coven. (Maybe I'm just being paranoid?) Either way, good job and please tell me when you've posted the next bit! :)
"I didn't lie! I was writing fiction with my mouth!" -Homer Simpson

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:09 am
hockeyfan87 says...

Celticmusicgirl wrote:A few days later, Alice hands me a Celtic gown that has a brown and white long sleeved top and a long, red plaid skirt.
"Here Bridgid. Put this on. The Denalis will be here soon. And Padraic, put this on."
Alice throws Padraic a traditional style kilt. We both do as we are told and put on the clothes Alice wants us to wear. Alice takes me upstairs and gently pulls back my waist-length, red hair into a single braid. After that, we come down stairs just as Tanya's coven arrives. Padraic and I stand there at the base of the stairs with Esme between us. She puts one of her arms around each of us gently as the others go outside to greet the Denalis.
"You two nervous?"
"Absolutely.comma not period" I say with a short laugh. Padraic just shrugs. He never was the type to flat out admit his feelings like that.
"Just relax. You'll be just fine," Esme reassures us with a gentle squeeze around the shoulders as the other Cullens rejoin us along with the Denali coven.
As Jasper walks through the door, he looks in our direction and a sense of calmness, relaxation and happiness swirls around me. I automatically realize Jasper is trying to keep me calm and surrender to his mood control. With a grateful smile, I nodd at him. He smiles back approvingly. Carlisle introduces Padraic and I to each member of the Denali coven.
"Bridgid, Padraic, this is Tanya," he said gesturing to a tall, strawberry blonde haired female vampire with amber eyes.
"I'm glad to meet you Bridgid. And you too Padraic. Carlisle has told me a lot about you two."
"I've heard alot about you too Miss Denali," Padraic repliescomma politely.
"Please, just call me Tanya."
"Alright, Tanya."
Next, Carlisle introduced the two of us to the rest of the coven. There was Eleazar with dark brown hair, Irina with long black hair, Kate with long blonde hair, and Carmen with brown hair all tall with amber eyes. Padraic and I sit down on the couch with some hot cocoa prepared for us by Esme, myself between Alice and Jasper and Padraic between Emmett and Jasper as the two of us and the Denalis get to know each other.
"Carlisle, how do you manage to keep up with these two? Surely it must be difficult having to care for humans in your own home, let alone two."
"That's not too hard the others keep these two company and we just provide what they need otherwise. They are not very picky. They will eat almost anything you give them." Carlisle smiles at the two of us.
"How would one of you like to come stay with my family?"

Overall.
Good I feel it was a little unfinished though and I hope that you continue on with this story line. It has a lot of potential and I hope you do continue. Many people will like it and although I wish Bella was in the story as well as Renesmee....brain flash! Write a story about how her and Padraic are adjusting to Bella and Renesmee...it could be super good.
Jenn
when you grow up you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair and isnt wearing a black cape and easy to spot Lots of Love Jenn

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes