z

Young Writers Society

Into the Mind

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:48 am
Snoink says...

Next time don't just edit... post! Yeesh...

Smaur's right. The demon is rather glitzy and stuff... therefore the name "Azure" is perfect! I can imagine looking like a magician of sorts. If this were a serious piece of fiction, I probably would suggest you to just have Roman run over and trying to save her, only to realize he was too late and then have Azure tell him, very mockingly of course, all the particular details, but still!

Although I'm going to point out that you do interchange devil and demon, whereas I don't think they're necessarily interchangeable. Or at least, in this context, with Hell and all. Snoink has a better idea of the mythos, I think, so I'll leave this for her, but they're definitely different things.

Aw shucks...

No, I'm not a demon expert, believe it or not, but after doing a little bit of research (note the word "little") I came across a couple of things. Please note that I am of Catholic faith, which may differ from your own view of Christianity. Because of this, I do believe in demons and the like, which always makes things interesting. :roll:

Demons are different from Satan! A passage from Matthew:

"Then they brought to him a demoniac who was blind and mute. He cured the mute person so that he could speak and see. All the crowd were astounded and said, "Could this perhaps be the Son of David?" But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, 'This man drives out demons only be the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons.'"

-- Matthew 12:22-24

And... more stuff!

Different Christian views on Demons. A general overview, anyway. It mostly deals with the Catholic church, but remember that the Catholic church was first. ^_^

Terribly interesting, but rather long article about demons. This time, make no doubts -- these are the teachings of the Catholic church.

So, from these two links, you can see that the devil and demons are quite different. The devil, aka Satan or Beelzebul, is the head honcho of all the demons. The demons are anyone who willingly follow the devil and try to tempt others into turning against God. The general consensus is that demons are the opposite of angels and, as such, have the same "powers" as angels. The only difference is they have no god.

Another interesting thing to read would be C.S. Lewis's The Screwtape Letters (which, in my opinion, is ten times better than Narnia). I did a review on it, if you're interested. Anyway, in the beginning, there is a preface in which C.S. Lewis answers some questions. This is what he says:

The commonest question is whether I really "believe in the Devil."

Now, if by "the Devil" you mean a power opposite to God and, like God, self-existent from all eternity, the answer is certainly No. There is no uncreated being except God. God has no opposite. No being could attain a "perfect badness" opposite to the perfect goodness of God; for when you have taken away every kind of good thing (intelligence, will, memory, energy, and existence itself) there would be none of him left.

The proper question is whether I believe in devils. I do. That is to say, I believe in angels, and I believe that some of these, by the abuse of their free will, have become enemies to God and, as a corollary, to us. These we may call devils. They do not differ in nature from good angels, but their nature is depraved. Devil is the opposite of angel only as Bad Man is the opposite of Good Man. Satan, the leader or dictator, of devils, is the opposite, not of God, but of Michael.

Gah... I am such a geek.

Anyway, I hope the links are interesting! ^___________^
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Tons of cowering! Plus your name in the summer programme. A custom-designed banner. A cabin at Camp Half-Blood. Two shrines. I'll even throw in a Kymopoleia action figure.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus