z

Young Writers Society

Halo Reach: Lone Spartan

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue May 17, 2011 12:21 pm
Jalmoc says...

Another Halo fan fiction for all you Halo fans!!

I watched as the last UNSC ship left Reach... The planet had been destroyed by the Covenant, and I was the only one left alive. The last spartan... I wouldn't let them take me without a fight...

I propped myself on a window sill of one of the building ruins. Reaching next to me, I grabbed a Sniper Rifle and a DMR. I loaded the Sniper Rifle with armor piercing rounds and scanned the horizon.

A small group of Ranger Elites were searching for survivors in one of the ruins down the road. I looked down the scope of the rifle and aimed the reticule at the center Elites head. Exhaling, i squeezed the trigger.

The elites shields failed and his head exploded, spreading blue blood everywhere. The other elites scattered, finding cover from the unseen marksman. One of the Elites had a needle rifle and took cover behind the remains of a building.

They still didn’t know my position, so i took advantage of the element of surprise and fired two quick shots at the Elite with the needle rifle. One of the shots clipped the Elite in the arm, making him drop his weapon. The other shot blew threw his chest, leaving a gaping hole.

I didn’t waste any time in moving to a different position after the Elite fell. My shots were probably traced to my position, so I had to move fast if I didn’t want Covenant on top of me. I put the sniper rifle on the back of my armor and picked up the DMR.

If I was gonna fight, i needed a weapon that did medium to long range damage, and the DMR is the perfect weapon for that. I sprinted out the back of the ruins and came face to face with a squadron of grunts.

I brought my DMR up and fired several shots, each one hitting a grunt between the eyes. I reloaded, and ran forward towards cover. A bright bolt of green flew past my visor, just barely grazing me.

My shield warning indicator starting flashing in the HUD of my visor. I took cover behind a wall, and looked around the corner while my shields recharged themselves. Three Jackals were slowly advancing towards my position, plasma pistols overcharging.

I crouched and slowly brought my DMR around the corner. I aimed for the nearest Jackal’s Plasma Pistol and shot. The pistol flew out of the Jackals hand and his energy shield faltered for a second. I took that second and tossed a grenade at it’s feet.

The grenade exploded killing all three of the Jackals. I sprinted for more cover, since the grenade gave away my position.

Sprinting along the scorched ground, I scanned the field ahead of for any more signs of trouble. Something ahead of me reflected the last hours of sunlight the planet had. I approached it and discovered that it was a Spartan helmet.

Flashbacks of my teammates dying around me became vivid in my mind. Flashes surrounded me as grenades exploded everywhere. Yelling, running, death....

I snapped back to reality as an Elite rushed at me, bellowing a challenge. The Elite brought up a needler, and started firing rapidly. Knowing that the tiny shards exploded, I lunged out of the way just in time.

I heard the shards explode behind me, but didn’t take the time to look. As I landed, I brought my DMR up and fired four quick shots at the Elite. Three hit in his torso, making his shields fall.

Taking the offensive, I charged at the Elite and brought my fist down upon his skull. I felt satisfaction as the bone gave way and the Elite dropped dead, blood pouring from its skull.

I reached down and retrieved the Needler. The weapon would be good for a large group of enemies... Looking around, I noticed that a squad of Covenant were almost on top of me.

Taking cover behind some rubble, I steadied my DMR and fired at the nearest grunt. I watched as the shot hit the methane tank on it’s back and it exploded, killing two Skirmishers in the blast.

The leader, a Gold Zealot Elite, yelled out commands and multiple Commando Elites clad in Black Armour appeared out of nowhere. Each one roared a challenge and activated an Energy Sword.

These were the top of the top Elites.... The Special Ops Kill Team.... I thought to myself....
The Gold Elite stepped forward, and spread his arms to the sides, activating two Energy Swords.

He stepped forward and raised the swords in front of him.

“Now you die Demon.” he growled. All of the Elites charged at me bellowing their war cries.

Time seemed to slow as I looked upon my death....

(In slow motion)

The nearest Elite jumped above me and brought his sword in an arc downwards. I rolled to the left and brought my boot up, catapulting the Elite into three more Elites... Another swung at my head, and I ducked just in time.

While I was down, I punched the Elite in the stomach causing all the bones in his body to break in the torso. The Elite crumpled and dropped the energy sword. I dove into a roll and scooped up the Energy Sword.

I cut down two more Elites, before I came face to face with the Golden Elite. He made a deep growl and lunged towards me with one of his Energy Swords. I dodged to the left and was greeted with another Energy sword coming towards my face.

I tried to duck the blow, but the Energy Sword hit its target. My shields instantly failed and I felt a jerk on my helmet before it flew off. I didn’t react fast enough and felt a cold pain rip through my chest.

I glanced downward and saw a blade of light protruding from my chest. The world started to fall into darkness as the Elite tossed my body to the side and yelled in triumph.

Reach had fallen......
Last edited by Jalmoc on Fri May 27, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue May 17, 2011 2:17 pm
kjr5horses says...

I liked it :) But there is one thing... the part where you said, (in slow motion) did not make any sense. If you took that out it would be perfect!

KJR
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

Reviews: 4
Tue May 17, 2011 5:07 pm
View Likes
Tunotoo says...

I am tempting on my phone, so this will be unfortunately brief...
I liked your fan fiction, it was fun to read and really makes you want to go play some halo. The one thing that could make it better in my opinion would be too make it more descriptive, because in the real situation, you don't so much think "his head got blown off" you see more than that with the force sending the body moving backwards...
Although, like I said, a very satisfying story.
I need a swat team ready to mobilize, maps of Florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and a fez.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue May 17, 2011 9:54 pm
matthewmazer says...

As a fellow fan of Halo I read this and I thought it was really neat, especially the way you writ everything from the game itself. Something I can probably never do. My only complaint is..well....nonexsistent. Hope you write more stuff like this.
We've all been sorry. We've all been hurt. How we survive is what makes us who we are.
{20150529)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue May 24, 2011 2:39 pm
Reedo121 says...

Well, you and me love to write these Halo stories don't we. I can see why.

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown