z

Young Writers Society

Rude Awakening

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:54 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

"Where's your uniform?" The hated phrase brought Spirit to wakefulness.

She eyed the impertinent trooper, long and hard. When he didn't flinch, she snarled in his face. "This one paid all of ten drakes for a room of her own. She suggests that you leave- now." He must've been a new recruit like herself, for he recoiled.

Then again, there was nothing quite like a tousle-furred, angry Khajiit.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:26 pm
IsItLove says...

I think you are a brilliant writer; what you had was really interesting but, there was no story.

I think you need to add a lot more detail and a plot before you post. I understand if it is short but this was too short.

I would really like to read more of your work and hopefully you will add more to this. Don't forget to check out my literary work. Thank you!
Passion for writing make all the difference; it turns a good novel into a great one.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:07 pm
Betheny says...

I was intrigued by this, unfortunately however, I have to agree with ItIsLove on the fact that it is way too short. I think that it would more as a quote for the blurb of a book. Do keep writting though because I think that you have great potential. The idea of a Khajiit, if it's what I think it is (a cat like humaniod, as seen in The Elder Scrolls Games), is very good although for someone who dosen't know what it is it may be confusing. I believe this story as a whole, once completed, will be a fantastic read.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

Obsessing over what you regret won't get you anywhere.
— Steggy