Never Leave Me...

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:05 am
alabasterwolveness says...

He asked you to stay,
but never out loud.
You said you had to go,
and he cried in memory of your absences...
Not wanting you to go out of his sight,
not wanting to let you go,
into the terrain of no return.
Into the province in which you,
will never return to his arms once more.
Into the estate of Death.

Bloody flowers of the year,
ment she lost it once more.
She couldnt take the shit people said.
Instead of simple scars,
she took it too far.
She went to the field of flowers,
with a knife her dead father gave her.
Flowers as pure as the mid-night snow,
staring up at the girl as she advanced forward.
Her eyes red from tears,
her dress stained from the dirt of the earth.
She stood in the middled and yelled...
"NO ONE CARES!"
As she ran the knife across her neck.
Her limp body fell to the duty terrain,
as the last part of her life was gone.
Her eyes once so filled with life,
now only seemed as dark as a black hole...
Bloody flowers of the year,
means she lost it once more.
Last edited by alabasterwolveness on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Lady Death~
Down in the dark, alone at night. Bleeding and Torn... Broken in the light

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:28 am
dogs says...

Hey Wolf! Dogs here with your review today! INTENSE POEM! Jammed full of strong emotion which is excellent! I really love that and my absolute favorite part of the poem is in this line right here:

"Bloody flowers of the year,
means she's lost it once more."

FANTASTIC! I love this part soooooooooo much, In my poems most of my characters seemed to get hanged... you cut their throats. Annnyyywho! This poem has a lot of strong imagery in there which is great, but it is lacking a larger variety of vocab which can be a huge contributing factor to making a poem good and FREKAN AMAZING! You use a lot of simple words over and over again. I would suggest you take some of these simple words and look them up in a thesaurus and choose a better word from the list. It makes your poem sound a lot better.

Also, when you take us into the "field of flowers" describe the field to us! What color are the flowers? What do they smell like? What do they sound like? What do the feel like? How does this all make the girl feel? Answering some of these questions will add so much more depth to your poem and your character.

All and all this was a really good piece and i really liked it. Keep up the good work!!!!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:34 am
creativityrules says...

Hey, Alabaster! I'm Rose, and I'll be reviewing this piece today.

First off, this is a very nice poem. There was one little detail in particular that I feel was absolutely brilliant.

I asked you to stay,
but never out loud.

I read so many poems where the author's expressing how he or she did everything possible to stop the person from leaving; sometimes I'm like, is this person human? Where do they get their courage from? This one was refreshing because it's believable. I totally identify with how you begged the person to stay but didn't actually voice your opinion and kept it inside. It's real, and I really appreciate it.

Going on into the rest of the poem, I wasn't as impressed about it as I was by the beginning. Perhaps that's because I adored the beginning so much.

You said you had to go,
and I cried in memory of your absence,
not wanting you to go out of my sight,
not wanting to let you go
into the land of no return.

In my opinion, this is just good. It's missing something. Perhaps if you worded it a little more uniquely, I would be as impressed by it as by the opening two lines of your poem. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that it's not incredible.

In future works, I hope you'll include more details like the one at the beginning of this piece. It was awesome.

All in all, great work!

Always keep writing!

-Rose
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:43 pm
ChibiGiraffe says...

Hey there! I haven't reviewed anything in awhile, so forgive me, I'm a little rusty.

My God. The first part of this poem is pretty much how I'm feeling right now. The detail's good and I like the way you worded it. Awesome.
I also liked the second part. The imagery is awesome, and the fact that you repeated the first two lines of the second stanza made it really powerful.

But, something that really bothered me about this poem was that you switched points of view in the middle.
It confused me a little at first, and I thought it was two poems instead of one. Pick either first or third person and stick with it.

Other than that, this poem was really great and I liked it. :)
WARNING:My avatar contains copious amounts of Duke Devlin. Women with heart conditions are not advised to look directly at Duke Devlin. This also goes for women without heart conditions.
He's very pretty. See? See how pretty he is? He's VERY pretty.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato