and back into your arms mommy!

Just one more cut,
and I'll be back,
this is it.
No more voices,
just you and I, mommy.
I love you mommy.

Spoiler! :
This is the story of Cynthia. Her mommy had died 8 years ago when Cynthia was only five years old. After her mother passed away Cynthia claimed that there were voices in her head telling her to do wrong and they wouldn't let her sleep until she did. So she was shipped off to an insane asylum. Where she killed herself in with one of the nurses pens by stabbing her wrists multiple times.
Spoiler! :
[user][user][/user][/user]
If you love something let it go, if it comes back, it's your's.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:52 pm
Anwesha says...

I think that was some poetry! :-)
It was strong and loud, and had the capacity to capture the reader. And even though I found it a bit choppy, the meaning was very clear.
I have to, mommy.
They promised that they would leave!
I found a way out,
and back into your arms, mommy!

Maybe you should work out the punctuation here.
I liked the last stanza. It was kind of touching and soothing. As if a storm has just ended and everything's calm again. ;-)
In all, I think it was awesome.Keep writing, BrokenSkye! :-)
Imperfection is beauty,
Madness is genius,
And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous
Than to be absolutely boring... :-D

Random avatar

Reviews: 111
Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:10 am
dante93 says...

For the context the spoiler gives us, I did not really see much in the way of an insane person. Perhaps a little lost in the actual person, but the voices could have been anyone to be honest. I know you hint at insanity in the poem, but that cultivated rather poorly. For someone to be truly mad you must cultivate the character more, and understand how and why people act the way they do when they hear voices.

Insanity is a very complex thing, and I am by no means an expert, but this poem, in its context, and form is delivered in a very mediocre way. I apologize if that offends you, or you do not agree, but that is what I see in this poem.

It is a great topic to explore, and I encourage you to pursue it further, but this poem needs more depth, and expansion.
-Dante93

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:01 am
hayley10019 says...

I liked it, at first I was confused on the meaning of the poem and what it was written for, but once at the end most of it was clear. And the spoiler helped with any other information I needed. But.. Since everyone else already corrected mistakes (even though I didn't really see any) I won't do that. It was a good poem and over all I liked it. I like the way it was written and over all found the poem a nice little read.(:
Writing is where I can get away...

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:00 am
View Likes
emilybrodo says...

This is kind of creepy after reading the spoiler, the fact that it makes sense to the child to harm itself, but to others it's a crazy action. I love it how it's the child speaking, nice work.
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein

The game

Free reviews here

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:40 am
mithrim96 says...

You're poem is really deep and meaningful. I love the fact that it originates from a true story (I presume that the spoiler is true...). You are a great poet with captivating stories and an inspiration. Well done!
Keep writing for as long as it brings you joy!

"It's important we build up a level of trust. That way I'll catch you completely unprepared when I suddenly accuse you of murder." - Skulduggery Pleasant (read it!), Death Bringer, Derek Landy

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:07 pm
AliyahPillage says...

I love the poem, it was full of suspense and made me want to read on GREAT job.
Wo Ai Ni (I Love You) Jessicarlie Love

You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World