I'll drink til I'm sick
I party til dawn
Beg you to get me
Cause Chris is with Whitney.

Spoiler! :
Messing with some different rhyme schemes. :P
Courage is grace under pressure.-Ernest Hemingway
Have the courage to say no.
Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right.-Clement
Integrity is what we do, what we say, and what we say we do.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:10 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Hey there, Bryn.

To be honest, I usually am not a fan of rhyming poetry, and I think that’s mostly due to the fact that rhymes are so lackluster these days; they are either forced in under pressure or old, overused cliché words that don’t do the poem any justice; however, this doesn’t [i]seem[/I ] to be the case with this poem. While it’s certainly nothing that will change my life forever, it’s a fun piece that’s a good quick insight into a teenage girl’s head…or at least the teenage girl narrating the poem.

As far as my own high school years went, I’ll say you’ve got it. Now, there’s obviously room for improvement in every piece, and I think the major thing you should focus on here is your rhythm. There are places where it feels like you’ve paid enough attention, and then there are neglected places where it just stumbles. The easiest way to do this is to count syllables—print out your poem and take a pen, and write out the number of syllables on each line. And make them fit the pattern you want. You have plenty of small and alternate words at your disposal, so rhythm should never be a problem.

The last stanza made me laugh, actually. I know it’s supposed to be a sad point, but since teenage drama is teenage drama, it just made me laugh. But you did bring it back around nicely, and I appreciate that.

Unfortunately, that’s all I have to say—other than that I changed the rating to 16+ for the mention of adult themes! I hope this helps, so let me know if you have any questions or comments.

-Lumi
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 am
xhellysmx says...

ahh,now i know how it looked for a lyric poetry. hahah. i was just posting a poem and i don't have any clue of these lyric dramatic narrative poetry :D anyway,awesome poetry! <3

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman