Wolves vent their loneliness,
The beautiful one arises.

Mist shrouds her pale form,
A most everlasting desire.
Her ebony hair cascades
Over pale and delicate shoulders,
And her full crimson lips part slightly,

To taste the life
Streaming from the pale flesh beneath her.
Now a night of ecstasy, I thirst.
Last edited by KingofTheDamned on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:10 am
View Likes
samii27 says...

I have never come across a vampire poem before, but yours was fantastic! The only problem I find is that I know many people hate vampires, so they will dislike the poem, some people love vampires so they will like it. Then there are people like me who just appreciate a poem for being a poem. You took a risk in choosing this particular subject, but personaly, I think you nailed it!
I particularly like the ending:
KingofTheDamned wrote:

This sentance has power in it, along with all your other words too, but this is the one sentance that stands out for me.
Samantha

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:52 pm
LemonyIce says...

Hello! I'm HPR and I shall review your poem.

Firslty, (I'm really sorry about this.) I didn't realise it was about a vampire until I read the review of the person before me. Sorry. :(
I don't particularly like vampires but I think this is pretty good because, like samii says, some people appreciate a poem for being a poem.
I just think you should organise the poem into paragraphs. It would give the poem a better flow. Like this:

It is a night of dark desire,
a song of subtlety,

Wolves vent their loneliness,
the beautiful one rises.

Mist shrouds her pale form,
an everlasting desire.

Her ebony hair cascades over pale and delicate shoulders,
And her full crimson lips part slightly,
To taste the life
streaming from the pale flesh beneath her.

I like the imagery of the girl. Or is it the vampire? I'm not sure. Anyway, it's like, I can just imagine a girl with 'pale and delicate shoulders' and the way you've described her hair is just so.... so.... amazing for want of a better word. Though I think you could have removed 'it is' from the first line. It gives a better feeling like that. Or maybe it's just me who thinks that way. So anyway make it like:

A night of dark desire,
a song of subtlety,

Anyway, awesome poem and you should really write more like this one! Like I said, I don't particularly like vampires but this is very good.
~HPR~
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:20 pm
View Likes
KEMPTON says...

is this a vampire reference? very existential, but great adjectives and flow, good poem!!
A lot of people are too concerned with creating something bigger than they are, I just want to amplify what I already know is inside me.

Reviews: 4
Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:49 am
KingofTheDamned says...

Thank you, everyone, so very much for your thoughts and considerations on this piece. I do understand that now, with the twisted and almost sickening view of modern vampires due to the obtrusive Twilight series, it is hard to create a piece on a species that once was reverend, yet feared greatly. I solely and only believe in the classic Gothic view of vampires and not the shit that Hollywood has put so much effort into destroying and sucking the very meaning out of. Vampires used to have so much meaning, the feeling of immortality, the ecstasy of bloodlust, the list goes on. I still have a deep passion from those once amazing creatures that I so wished to be. Nonetheless, this piece really was inspired by my views and not of hollywood's.
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:17 am
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

This. Is. Awesome. Cool perspective of vampirism! Screw the sparkly vampires, this is better. :)
Last edited by LadyPurple on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:52 am
xhellysmx says...

Honestly,I instantly know that this is going to be a great poem the moment I read its title.
I love it, cause I'm a fan of Gothic literature too. :)
Keep writing!

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus