Young Writers Society

A Dream

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:09 am
DontStopBelieving says...

Ever had a dream that felt so real?
A dream, where you could feel his fingertips on your skin,
His arms hugging you around your waist and his lips on yours?
The dream where you didn’t want to wake up,
You didn’t want to move, you didn’t want to come back to reality?

You want to stay asleep,
So you can feel his touch one more time.
His hot breath on your ear as he whispers your name.
You want to feel his hand go down your spine,
And for a minute you think he’s all mine.
Last edited by DontStopBelieving on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the world is supposed to be so bad, then why am I not complaining?

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:05 am
AngelKnight900 says...

How I wish I had this dream but it never came T_T. Anyways, I liked this and I think what you said was brief and simple and it you didn't have to go on and on about what you said. You prepared this really nicely and that's all I got to say Lol. Have a nice time on YWS and keep writing.
True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know your are great, you have no need to hate.
-Nicki Minaj

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:06 am
shloka19 says...

I really like this poem; its short and sweet but gets the point across just as well. I also like the feeling of waking-up-from-an-absolutely-awesome-dream-and-regretting-it-later that you are trying to convey.
I noticed only one mishap in the tense-use:
DontStopBelieving wrote:You wanted to stay asleep,So you can feel his touch one more time.

Either you can change the "wanted" to "want", or change "can" to "could"-- but since the rest of the stanza is the present tense, I would go for the first one.
Other than that, this poem is really awesome. :D
“Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?’ Actually, who am I not to be?”--Marianne Williamson

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:37 am
qaralynn says...

Lol those kind of dreams are crappy XP This review will be kind of short because I don't have a lot to say XD I liked it and it was sweet and depressing at the same time XD I didn't see any typos so congratulations on that! Keep writing! Sorry, I know this isn't really helpful but I don't really know what else to say XD
-qaralynn-
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

"Even though a ship won't sink at sea, it needs to be steered to get home."

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins