Tonight is my last, my final hope
God only knows the prayers
I've screamed out to the empty nights

I'll go I'll leave
Standing out side the window looking in
Longing to be on the other side

I just wanted forgiveness, redemption.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ok really not very sure on this one needs ALOT or work so pelase tell me what you think!
Wu x
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:06 pm
Incandescence says...

This is unimpressive. I've come to expect more from you. Some of your lines (i.e. "cold empty heart") dissolve into cold empty triteness.

Of course, it could be a sense of irony. Albeit, a very condescending sense of irony that I don't like. This wasn't very original, even with the theme, as most of your others are. You had no resounding images and no grave edicts of personality. This will not make my Top 25.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:29 pm
Brian says...

I think that this poem is very cliche and relies too much on stock phrases. For instance, I've read the sixth stanza in so many variations before that it doesn't mean anything to me anymore.

However, I do like how you open this. At first I thought, "Oh, a love poem," but then you gave me that fourth line and it shocked me. Well done on that score.

All in all, this really is not a bad poem, it's certainly better than most of the stuff I read, but you're relying too much on material that's already been used before.
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:46 pm
Wulie says...

After re-deading I agree it seems to be very forced on my part the start I like then it becomes all to clicheeee ay hoo I'm giving writing a brake for now!
muchous love wu
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:58 am
Chevy says...

I'll go I'll leave
Standing out side the window looking in
Longing to be on the other side

This was the most--if not the only enjoyable part of the whole poem.
The rest, I'm sorry, but it's hollering cliche. Everything in it almost, I've seen in so many variations, like Brian said.
However, with some major adjustments, it won't be cliche anymore.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:24 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah, I agree, a big cliche.

Some parts I liked, the rest was...okay, but a bit of the poem was just "ugh". It didn't really make much sense to me, and was just a variation of sayings and phrases that didn't stick to an original title.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:14 pm
Wulie says...

lol I feel I may just write this poem off as one of those poems never to be seen again :)!

I think the best thing about making it into the quote generator is when nobody tells you, so one day you're just scrolling and voila, some phenomenally inane thing that crawled out of your dying synapses and immediately regretted being born the second it made contact with the air has been archived for all time. Or worse, a remark of only average inanity. Never tell me when you've put me in the generator. Pride-tinged regret just doesn't taste the same without the spice of surprise.
— SirenCymbaline