Cool stares in my direction
Cruel words behind my back
I better get used
to the cold side of you

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:35 pm
Meshugenah says...

short, "sweet" and to the point. very ture, too.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:20 am
Myriadne says...

I am going to be blunt because I am tired. I think this has a lot of potential but as it stands it is very two dimensional. You don't really capture the spirit or feeling of the situation. This poem hints at the talent you have, so please use it and give me more :)

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:08 pm
Chevy says...

Well, I understand where you were going, and I can relate, but the poem itself just didn't stick to me. I mean, I read it and almost immediately I forgot what it was about. I don't think it was because it was short, because sometimes you can learn life's lesson through a short poem. However, for the subject, there wasn't really any depth. Perhaps you should add a few more lines--maybe even stanzas just for the sake of depth.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:58 pm
Firestarter says...

I'm agreeing with most of already said.

Not enough depth, to be honest. Add a bit more to it and it could become good.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:21 pm
niteowl says...

It feels like you cut it off right in the middle of the poem. Like you were writing it, then got up to get something, then forgot the poem wasn't finished when you posted it.

A good beginning to what could be a great poem.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:01 pm
bubblewrapped says...

Meh. Just...meh. I'm sure you're sick of hearing this, but it needs depth, it needs pizzaz...it needs revision.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying its a bad poem. It has the potential to be a very good poem, actually, as everyone keeps saying; but there is no sense of place, no emotion, no impression of a story. It feels like a fragment of something, a brief glimpse, like a murder without either victim or murderer, lol. Its missing something. I think you should make it longer, build it up more. Its bones right now - give it some body.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:17 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I found it quite empty. I saw someone on one poem say that it could have been written by anybody, and I think this applies here. You need to develop your own style and make this personal to you, a couple of details, imagery, anything to make it memorable. Experiment.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:35 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Hmm, it was short and sweet but I couldn't really feel what you were writing there. Like Firestarter said, you need to add more depth to it, because I couldn't really get your message.

The shortness I liked and it was a really good read, very simple, but it really just confused over a while, if you get my idea.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

The capacity of human beings to bore one another seems to be vastly greater than that of any other animal.
— H. L. Mencken